1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Central Wisconsin 83 xj750 Maxim

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by Scott I, May 4, 2019.

1. Scott I

Scott I Member

I've had my xj for a number of years now and have used this site for a number of repairs. Bought the maxim with full fairing (including lowers) and bags; virago touring package. Was $700 and was in rough shape. Still doesn't look beautiful but is running great and have done several trips around the southern portion of the state.

Did some nasty basic repairs like drilling out snapped bolts for the carb intake boots. Had to drill out the master cylinder screws that were stripped to. Got through the headaches and have had a great time riding. Uses some oil but rides nice and I usually get 43-45mpg (gets even better mpg when on back highways keeping speed below 60mph). Switched to all led and use the gained volts to power heated grips and seat. Had a radio on it when I bought it but I removed it.

Glad to see there may still be a few others riding these old bikes. Great all around bike including freeway and dirt roads even with the fairing on.

2. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

welcome to the site

3. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

Pics can be linked after 5 posts.
    Welcome aboard.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  4. Scott I

Scott I Member

Great riding weather in Wisconsin. 40 miles this morning. Planning bigger trips this week while off work. YICS unblocked, motor singing the xj song; good times. Full gear always; riding jacket, riding gloves, full face helmet, shoes tied tight (people often lose their shoes in crashes in case you didn't know). Enjoy the ride everyone!

5. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member

Yes it is a great day for riding, glad you have the time to get out and do it. Great timing after the 4 day weekend. I would guess you area was CRAZY! For those that don't know about the Wisconsin Dells area, the normal population over the winter is I think under 10K but the summer weekends they can pull in 150K for the water parks and surrounding attractions.

Scott I and Chitwood like this.