1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Christmas treats

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by Toomanybikes, Dec 11, 2020.

1. jayrodoh

jayrodoh YimYam Premium Member

Oh man I hear you on that! I visited my brother in Portland years ago and we went to quite a few brew pubs just like that. I used to travel a lot for work before Covid and always made it a point to hit as many local small brewpubs as I could. My favorite still to this day is Wit's End in Denver. He lost his job due to downsizing and his wife told him maybe it's time to do that brewery thing. Scott went out and signed a lease for a warehouse space without a plan and went from there. When I first stopped in he had a 10 gallon brewing system and was serving out of jockey boxes. I got out there a few years later and he had grown, bought a used 40 bbl system, and had regularly scheduled food trucks. He kept in touch with us as we brewed at home. I was supposed to get back out there this year but that fell apart. Will hit him up again for sure.

2. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

I lived in Portland for many years. Most of the brewpubs from the late 80's/early 90's are still good in terms of atmosphere. My favorite is the Lucky Labridor. It's set up a lot like a Biergarten (not quite, because it's all indoors) and they have menu items for the dogs.