1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Clubman Handlebars

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by gtosteve65, May 9, 2018.

1. gtosteve65

gtosteve65 New Member

Hello everyone.
    Looking to put some clubman handlebars on my 82' XJ550. I don't want super aggressive bars, just dip down a little bit. My worry is getting too close to the tank when turning and I have no experience with clubmans. Anyone have any good suggestions for the bike?

2. Ribo

Ribo Prefectionist

Austin Texas USA ( a long way from the UK )
    Because the middle section of clubmans it's going to push the handle area of the bars forward and down - depending on where you position them will depend on how aggressive the riding position is, but it's is going to be pretty aggressive regardless... look at pictures of bikes with clubmans on them... You're only going to have issues hitting the tank with controls if you roll them back too far. Depending on how tall you are and how old you are also factors into this..

3. gtosteve65

gtosteve65 New Member

Well im in my early 20's so the age shouldn't be an issue. Height might though as I am only 5'9.