1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Down Pipes (UK)

Discussion in 'Other' started by thebat, Oct 19, 2009.

1. thebat

thebat New Member

Trailered my imported xj750 home and started the rather long list of jobs to do and one item is the down pipes...

The bike has a 4 into 1 system and i have found a larg hole in one of the down pipes where it goes into the silencer so the question is has any body got some pipes in the south east or willing to post?
    I have considered the option of cutting back and finding someone to weld a new section on but dont know how viable this is as I'v never welded stainless or had a price for it to be done.

2. markie

markie Member

HI, Mate.

I cannot suggest where - but if you know someone who is a fitter/welder you might get it done for a "Drink" - but stainless is straightforward to weld.

I know a motad is likely to be £300! So I would try getting it welded. Yellow pages?

3. thebat

thebat New Member

Yeah that was my thinking the silencer is a motad which apears to be fine jst 1 of the down pipes has rotted will have a closer look n see what i can do have done lots of welding in the past but never stainless so might see about getting sum dummie runs in first maybe.

4. Bandit

Bandit New Member

Shame its not the original pipes or the Marshall system as I have downpipes for both of those exhausts that I wont be using..