1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Favorite Rides

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Torren, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Torren

Torren Member

I know we already have regional area forums, but perhaps we could have a favorite rides section. An area where people can post their favorite roads. I know im always looking for a new section of twisties to ride and im more then willing to share the ones i already know.

2. yamyboy

yamyboy Member

The Forks of The Credit is one of my faverate rides, it has hearpins switch backs and great stuff to see. I see you are in Barrie and not far from you it's off hwy 10 1/2hrs north of Brampton.One day you should try it. Max Burns wrought a book called Some of My Faverate Roads, it has some great ways around all of Canada and is done in provances and towns.You didn't put your faverate road down. What is yours as I live in Toronto and may try it as there is nothing on T.O.

3. capy

capy Member

Lake Sanchris in Illinois is a beautiful place to ride in the good season. You can see deer grazing in the feild, Fox chasing things along the roads, plenty of twist and turns, lots of places to stop and a very pleaceful way to think.

4. CowboyBob

CowboyBob Member

I think Virginia has some of the best rides. Start with the Skyline Drive, 106 miles of beautful scenery on top of the mountain. You can continue this onto the Blue Ridge Parkway and into N.C. if you have the time.
    There is also the winding country roads west of Leesburg, past the Virginia horse farms and the stone fence lines. And last there are so many Civil War battlefields to visit and ride through.

5. Russxlr8s

Russxlr8s Member

All you need is a Summer in Colorado to have more scenic cruises then you can imagine. One thing I miss, that I notice in Arizona is there are exploriatory roads in this state, but most arn't paved, where in Colorado everything everywhere practically is paved.

Great twisty, Highest paved road in America is up Mount Evan's just above Idaho Springs off I-70, goes just over 14,000. Gets mighty cold towards the top above treeline so take warm cloths to put on even in the Dead of Summer in Denver. Estes Park, Boulder, all the Rockies you name it.
    West of Denver Suburb of Golden, the Lookout Mount Road was always awesome, you can look down on the Coors Brewlrey on the look outs pull offs.

South Cali, Palomar Mountain Road, great ride for people in San Diego or LA.
    The Pacific Coast Highway 101 from LA. to Seattle is something I recommend everyone do at least once in their life. Then the Mountains into Canada above Idaho etc. are awesome awesome !

6. blackhills_xj

blackhills_xj Member

I like highway 385 here in the Black Hills. I start by taking the interstate up to Spearfish and then running through Spearfish Canyon, which has some of the best scenery here in the hills, down to Deadwood. From Deadwood I hop on highway 385 and then from there the choices just keep growing. You can take the highway all the way down to Hot Springs or you can take one of the other highways that branch off of it. There is highway 16A that takes you by Mt Rushmore and through Keystone. There is also the Custer State Park wildlife loop. Needles highway, and many others. I have spent days in the past just driving through them all before I had a bike, and now that I have a bike I am going to ride them all again, at least when the weather gets better.

7. bosozoku

bosozoku Member

8. Torren

Torren Member

There's not a whole lot in the Toronto area, i work in Toronto. Forks of the credit is a nice area for sure. Next time your up that way, on highway 10 just north of 9 head east onto Hockley Valley road. It's about 15km of smooth road filled with curves.

My favorite ride in Ontario yet is about 2 hours from Toronto. It's a good day trip and well worth the ride to get there. Up 400 to 11 north. Up 11 north past Gravenhurst. Head east on 118 (formerly 121). You can follow this all the way along to 28 south of Bancroft. About 80km of awesome road. There's a way to loop it back going through algonquin park that i havent tried yet but will be doing this summer. Like i said before, if your in the southern Ontario area it's worth the day trip. If anyone's interested let me know and i'll set something up.

9. Torren

Torren Member

Also, In the Barrie area, if you follow Dunlop street through the downtown area and get out to Shanty Bay road take that. It follows loosely along the bay and has it's fair share of twists and turns. Some more nice secenery and near the south end there are several multi million dollar cottages to drool over :).

10. Hvnbnd

Hvnbnd Active Member

I like the ride from Springerville to Big Lake in the beautiful White Mtns of AZ. Of course when the weather is right!

A close 2nd is a ride fom home St. Johns down to the rim on Hwy 191 (formerly 666, the devils hwy) down past Hannagan Meadow Lodge and back.

11. XJoregonian

XJoregonian Member

:D
    In Oregon, but I absolutely love the ride down to the Lava Beds!! If you have to travel West, come on down! As long as you don't mind some bugs on your helmet visor, it is an excellent ride!

My buddy and I are actually going down this weekend again, I would suggest this ride to anyone who enjoys a ride and an adventure.

No I am not an advertising agency! Just love that ride...........little traffic and curvy roads that my XJ LOVES!!!

Ride On!

12. XJoregonian

XJoregonian Member

:D
    In Oregon, but I absolutely love the ride down to the Lava Beds!! If you have to travel West, come on down! As long as you don't mind some bugs on your helmet visor, it is an excellent ride!

My buddy and I are actually going down this weekend again, I would suggest this ride to anyone who enjoys a ride and an adventure.

No I am not an advertising agency! Just love that ride...........little traffic and curvy roads that my XJ LOVES!!!

Ride On!