1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

First start of the 400 in quite a while.

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by KrS14, Mar 22, 2011.

1. KrS14

KrS14 Active Member

I figured i'd let the 400 have a little running time. Seeing as I haven't started it since last summer/fall, was stupid and left the tank with a little dribble in it, no seafoam or stabil etc.

So I turn the key, press the start button.. maybe one turn of the engine and then nothing. Battery was dead (Oh did I mention I was dumb and left it in the bike all winter)

So I thought, ahh hell why not try to bump start it. After a couple runs she sprang to life. YAY!

Guess my 400 alternator puts out enough to run the bike even without a battery in it lol.

Let her idle for a good 20 mins, took her down the street a couple times, ran like a dream. Can't wait to get some fresh gas in her and give her a bath.

Oh, and charge the battery lol.

2. tcoop

tcoop Active Member

It always feels good to get them running again...even if its only after the winter hibernation.

3. KrS14

KrS14 Active Member

Funny thing... Two days later, we got dumped with 15 or so cm of snow.... NOT impressed with this winter.

4. bigfitz52

bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Yeah no kidding. I didn't find it funny myself (the 6" of new snow, soaked with rain and now frozen solid again.)