1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Front brake upgrade - XJ900

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by adrian1, Dec 22, 2018.

1. adrian1

adrian1 Active Member

So I got some cheap Triumph calipers on EBAY and plan to fit them on my XJ. The attached link shows them being fitted on an RD Yamaha. While they bolt straight on, the holes for the brake lines are in a different position (using braided XJ lines by the way) I think I can fit up the left hand side caliper but the position of the right hand one is a bit out of position. I think the only solution is to bend the swaged end :(. Has anyone got any suggestions on how to do this without damaging the metal fitting on the end if the line? Thanks.

http://www.2smoked.com/Yamaha_RD_&_...MquwPXsUxpj_iFxFkm-zfdCQzNupn7rZwnbpE8OMQWblU

2. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

@chacal can make likes to suit. DO NOT bend the end of the fitting. That will eventually lead to failure.
    If shipping from the states is prohibitive, you should be able to get lines made at any shop that deals in hydraulics (though you may have to supply the fittings and line, but usually not).

3. adrian1

adrian1 Active Member

So, with some re-routing of the lines it all seems to be working well. However, the XJ OEM master cylinder is 16 mm. For greater bite I need a 14 mm. Can anyone offer a link to a suitable after market option. That has the holes to mount the mirror?

4. FJ111200

FJ111200 Active Member

Triumph Tiger 800 is 14mm. I know, i've got one.

5. mwcoach

mwcoach New Member

What Triumph calipers fit on the xj900? :) works well?