1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Greetings from a newbie

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by XJ_theodore, Jan 24, 2020.

1. XJ_theodore

XJ_theodore New Member

Hello from Denmark! I managed to finally get myself together, bought an Xj900 from '92 and enjoy the danish rain on the open road.
    I've been browsing the forum for a couple of days now, and I must say, it put my mind at ease regarding a few topics.
    First of all, I thought it was just me going crazy when hearing the same old excuse: "sorry, I didn't see you" when pulling out in front of me at intersections, out of driveways etc. "Be the bunny" is priceless!
    Second, it's not as difficult as one might assume to work on the bikes, you need a Haynes (on its way BTW), quality spare parts, patience and in some cases, specialized tools.
    Thirdly, it's about enjoying yourself and your bike.

Attached Files:

Franz and kosel like this.
  2. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, that is a great looking bike. Glad to hear you have been surfing the forum and know you are not going crazy. Keep your head on a swivel at all time.

3. Mechajob

Mechajob New Member

welcome to the forum, I'm a newbie myself. Just wanted to add my 2 cents. Along with all that you mentioned its good to have a nice first aid kit (cause i have big hands and bike has no room, always getting nicks) and never hurts to have ice cold adult beverage to calm ya down when things don't go right!!!

4. Franz

Franz Well-Known Member

Nice bike you got there. Welcome to the forum.

5. XJ_theodore

XJ_theodore New Member

Thanks guys!
    I have a basic first aid kit, flat tyre fixing kit, hi-vis vest, and an old Nokia 3310 fully charged for that 112 phonecall (911 in the US) one hopes never has to make in case I smash my own. I have removed the panniers and only kept the top box. I have a bit of a wobble in the steering, so I'll have to make sure the wheels are balanced and all the bearings are proper.
    Next, new brake pads, fluids, fork oil and seals and my weekend's all filled up