1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Greetings from Australia.

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by lupz, Jul 15, 2018.

1. lupz

lupz New Member

Howdy. So I've just picked up a XJ750, that is in need of restoration. Bike is complete and running, although seems to have a couple of oil leaks.

I'm still not 100% sure what I'm going to do with it. I did have intentions of making a Cafe Racer, however the bike is in better condition than I thought so maybe I'll restore it closer to original, or the other option is to make it like a retro version of my FZ1.

Anyway here is a photo, not sure if the paint is original or not, if it is then its in extremely good condition.

DrDY450.jpg XXOJCCa.jpg

I'll be posting the progress of the build on my Youtube channel as time goes on.

Stumplifter likes this.
  2. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr Not a guru

I'm not sure about Australia, but we didn't get that color in North America. Nice looking ride!

3. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Well-Known Member

Welcome to the clan Lupz. Nice paint, we did get white ones here in Canada but not that nice a pearl colour.

4. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr Not a guru

I was referring to the black and gold graphics... but I have been known to be wrong!

5. Stumplifter

Stumplifter Well-Known Member

Lupz- Bob really IS your Uncle!
    Generally most new members canNOT post pictures until after 5 previous text posts.

Welcome to the best kept secret on the WWW. If it were me I would lean towards keeping it stock. Your bike your rules.
    Ask questions - lots of thoughtful intelligent people here.
    And then there is Matti and me! :confused: o_O :p

6. lupz

lupz New Member

Yes the more I look at it the more I think stock could be the way to go.

It's all going to depend on what I find once I get it apart. Given that the paint is so good I really want to keep it.

I think I'll ditch the bikini fairing as its not in the best condition, and I don't really like the look of it.