1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Had a 1982 Seca 550... now have a 1982 Seca 750

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by Jordi, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Jordi

Jordi New Member

Hi everybody...

It's been a few years since I posted on this forum, so I thought I would just introduce myself again. Name is George, just turned 60, and love to restore the bikes from the late 70's and early 80's.

I restored a 1982 Seca 550 back in 2014, and loved it. Beautiful bike! Unfortunately, I have set a life rule (or should I say wife rule) that I cannot have more than one motorcycle at a time, so I sold it soon after I had finished the restoration. (I have owned a 1987 Suzuki Cavalcade 1400 for years - but just recently sold that as well back in November) Would love to show some pictures, but if you have Facebook, take a look at my page (George Grierson from Saint Marys, Ontario) and I have a couple of albums there with both videos as well as pics.

My last restoration was just previously this year - I bought a 1984 Honda Nighthawk 650, and restored it - pleased with how it turned out - but I likewise sold it just a couple of weeks ago.

Now I have a 1982 Yamaha Seca 750 - I bought it from it's one and only owner who put 24,000 km on it - and it is my plan to restore it. My wife tells me I can't start on it until after I finish renovating the basement, so it looks like I won't get at it until late this year or early next.

Looking forward to all the encouragement and technical expertise I received on this forum last time I was here with my 550.

George Yamaha finished.jpg DSCF0887.JPG

chacal likes this.
  2. Simmy

Simmy Well-Known Member

You do some nice restorations George.
    Glad to hear you’re focused on another XJ

Jordi likes this.