1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Headlight swap observation

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by a100man, Dec 27, 2015.

1. a100man

a100man Well-Known Member

Was stripping the fromt end off my GS500 Suzuki today in readiness for a fork/yoke swap and i noticed teh headlight looked similar to the (sealed) unit on my 550 seca that wasn't functioning properly (main beam and dip appeared to be swpapped ??!!). Tried the GS500 unit and with a bit of fiddling it goes on a treat and now works properly - plus I think it has the advantage of being not-sealed. Both Tojo brand btw.

Cheers

J

2. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

you are talking about the glass parts? those will be universal for all bikes with the same diameter

3. SQLGuy

SQLGuy Well-Known Member

Interesting. Not sure what's in a 550. In the SECA 750 you have a Koito H4 headlight. I was under the impression, though, that all the XJs were H4... sealed beams were not a requirement for US motorcycles.

4. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

some were issued with the sealed beam, I think most people did the after market thing for better lighting