1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Hello, new guy.

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by Jason Serbenski, Jun 18, 2022.

1. Jason Serbenski

Jason Serbenski New Member

Hello all, Old rider, new to XJ's. Last bike was in the late 2000s a 79 XS11. It was in poor shape and I went thru all of it. So just picked up a 82 XJ550 Maxim (chain). I had pretty much every part on the XS11 in my hands and under my eye's so this bike is "familiar" but I am new to it so joining in here to learn what I can. A friend just picked up a 83 Midnight Maxim 750 so I'll be helping along the way as well. I just need a batt and some tires, I'll have to do a little digging around and figure out what rubber to put on but its a runner for 500 bones. A little project'y but that's ok for me. Side note, I scrapped out the shell of an old jeep XJ that I had bought for parts (it had been rolled over bad). And used the money for another XJ so I have that going for me (which is nice).

Attached Files:

ksigurdsen likes this.
  2. Dan Gardner

Dan Gardner Well-Known Member Premium Member

3. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member

Welcome, enjoy the board, good folks here. Have a great time with the new project.