1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Honda Helix

Discussion in 'Other Motorcycles' started by Nitvid, May 2, 2017.

1. Nitvid

Nitvid New Member

Saturday the money I had earmarked for my Maxim resurrection went to an 06 Honda Helix. supposed to have a top speed of 75. cruise 65-70mph down the highway while getting 65 mpg. anyone have experience with these things? I bought for cheap to flip.

2. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Well-Known Member

Sold those new in 86 , great machines not sure about newer ones. But it's a Honda

3. Nitvid

Nitvid New Member

my brothers' father in law bought it in 09. since then he drove it from st Louis Missouri to south Carolina and back, never an issue. the more I think of it, the more I think I should keep it so the girl friend can ride that instead of on the Maxim with me.

4. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

Freeway capable, all day long. Even the clones built under license are reliable.
    Almost all parts are still available new. A friend of my father's usd one for his 40 mile one-way commute. He rode it for 20 years.

5. Nitvid

Nitvid New Member

I rode the scooter all day long after work yesterday just putzing around, it is a fun little thing but when a gust of wind hits ya, you know it! it still cant replace my maxim though