1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

How About A XJ Bike Clinic Here In MN

Discussion in 'Central US and Canada' started by MN-Maxims, Jul 13, 2009.

1. MN-Maxims

MN-Maxims St. Paul Minnesota

Just trying to get the guys togeather locally. Even if your not local You would be welcome.

The goal would be to get some of the XJ Wizards here to show up and help some of the fellow members with specific questions and problems with their bikes. Also It would be good to get some members interest jump started again.

Here is a good reason for you to get that bike out before the gas drys up in those carbs. So lets see if we can get a bunch of bikes and guys to come out on a Saturday or a Sunday. We can hang out and see whats up and go for a cruise.

PM's are always welcome

MN

2. Kyrrinstoch

Kyrrinstoch Member

Though no longer an XJ owner, I'd be up for at least stopping by to be social :)

Let me know when you guys are having one again. 8)

3. MN-Maxims

What happened to your Seca? You seemed like you were just getting it to the way you liked it. If you sold it hope you got a good price for it.

Ron

4. 550FAN

550FAN Member

Id be up for it but my XJ is in a million pieces

Attached Files:

• 019.jpg
      019.jpg
      File size:
      44.7 KB
      Views:
  5. Kyrrinstoch

Kyrrinstoch Member

You're right, I was just getting it to where I wanted it. All I really had left was to ColorTune, do the front brakes and upgrade the fusebox. Not surprisingly, I just redid the fork seals the day before I sold it. :lol:

As for my where it went, I sold it to a good friend of mine (who I know has been lurking here ...). So far he's absolutely loving it, so I know it went to a good home. I also recommended that he attend one of your carb clinics because the amount of information to be learned from you guys makes really short work of any possible carb issue you could run into.

I'm not bikeless though - I had an opportunity come through to buy a brand new bike that I couldn't really pass up. Unfortunately, 2 bikes just don't fit well in my tiny little garage, so the Seca had to go.

Anyways, let me know when you guys are hosting a clinic and I'll at least try to stop by to be social, if not lend a hand where I can to help out. After all, 2 wheels are 2 wheels, regardless of year, brand or model, right? :)

6. Rukkian

Rukkian New Member

I am a newbie - to both XJ bikes and this is my first bike in 15 years, but I would be grateful if there were any events in the twin cities area.

7. MN-Maxims

Working on setting up a carb clinic again. Those who are thinking about attending a carb session please PM me with your needs and what weekends you have open..

MN

8. dpharmer

dpharmer New Member

The next time any of you are interested in a clinic of any kind count me in. I live in Inver Grove Heights MN and I have an 81 XJ650 Maxim

9. blakepatton

blakepatton New Member

count me in too i have a 81 midnight maxim 650.