1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

I found a Seat had a little damage, repaired with LeatherNu

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by vashtsdaytona, Mar 13, 2019.

1. vashtsdaytona

vashtsdaytona Active Member

A few posts ago (actually like a year ag0) I had asked about some alternate seats that might be more comfortable. there aren't a lot of options out there, and good ones weren't coming around that often.

but fortunately I found one somewhat local, so I was able to see it in person. and I picked it up. I haven't been able to use it yet, so maybe its not an improvement at all.

From what I have been able to see there are only 2 seat options for the xj750 maxim. the standard somewhat flat seat, and an optional stepped seat.

in photos I I have only see the step seat with the touring package, luggage and fairing. Does anyone know if it was a set? Is it fair to call this the "touring seat"? perhaps someone has an old accessory catalog? well I am anxious to try it out, and I hope its correct for the package.

But being a 37 year old gently used seat, it had a blemish. only one worth noting so I think that was pretty good. a while back I bought this leathernu kit for a different project but never used it. so I thought I would try on the seat. I am pleased with the results and would recommend. I don't think there is must else you could do for this kind of repair. If it all falls apart I can get a new cover made. But I thin I have a few years use of this before that happens.

The repair is the peak on the left side of the crown in the close ups. you can see it if you look but I think its a pass

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kosel

kosel Active Member Premium Member

Nice work. I had good luck with a 3M vinyl repair kit from Amazon to fix some small tears. A bit tedious, but it's held up well.

3. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

may not be a stock seat or it has been recovered

4. vashtsdaytona

vashtsdaytona Active Member

it is a Yamaha seat. it has a part number which is different than the stock one. and if you google search xj750 touring or luggage you will see several bikes with this. also where I bought it from had 3, this was in the best shape. (local motorcycle salvage place)

5. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

750 Midnight Maxim seat. Looks like an aftermarket seat cover though, but Yamaha did use a few different patterns for the cover.

XJ550H likes this.