1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

IOMTT Race Marshal

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by dkavanagh, Dec 8, 2018.

1. dkavanagh

dkavanagh Well-Known Member Premium Member

I told my wife, once she can get off work in May, we'll have to go do this! (She's in the schools now, so it's not easy to get vacation other than school breaks).

https://www.iomtt.com/classic-tt/marshals

Stumplifter likes this.
  2. a100man

a100man Well-Known Member

My mate does this every year. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for a first visit as you tend to get 'stuck' at one spot - and there lots and lots of place to view from..

3. dkavanagh

Good point. They did say "You also do not have to marshal at all practice and race sessions - you can attend as many or as few as you wish.", so I thought maybe see about working different locations, and maybe not do all the races and practice sessions. Anyway, I'd be happy just getting there!

4. lostboy

lostboy Well-Known Member

Have you checked how much it would cost to travel to Isle of Man. I looked in a while ago it was too much for me.

5. dkavanagh

I took the family to Ireland last summer. It was about $225 per person on Norwegian to Dublin. I expect, a ferry ride from there to IoM. It would be a big trip still... would probably spend more time in Ireland again. Felt like home to me!

6. lostboy

lostboy Well-Known Member

Bring me back a t shirt. XXL;)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  7. a100man

Foot passenger form Ireland (Belfast) won't be too expensive (less than £100 return during TT week) and availability is good - even if they say they are full you can go standby.. Trying to take any sort of vehicle except a push-bike will be nigh on impossible unless you book 1 year in advance. In fact flying in and hiring a bike is probably your best bet, then you only have to solve your accommodation problem! I cannot recommend the experience highly enough. Off myself again this year for a few days of practice then first race day.. Taking the FZ750 probably.

Stumplifter and dkavanagh like this.
  8. a100man

My brother has just sent me the ferry bill £240 for bike and rider!! However registered Marshalls can get a reduction I think.

jayrodoh likes this.