1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Is it me...

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Gamuru, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Gamuru

Gamuru Guest

or is it this web site? The main page took over five minutes to load. Now I will admit that I'm on dial-up, but it used to load much faster. Anyone else experiencing the lag in load speed? I'm wondering if it's an advertiser who’s ad isn't loading that's holding up the works.

2. Hvnbnd

Hvnbnd Active Member

pops right up for me!?

3. Maan

Maan Member

Same here.. If you browse with Mozilla Firefox (Highly Recommended if not) There's an option in it's preferences menu which let's you turn off images, that should help you load up a lot faster.

4. Ass.Fault

Ass.Fault Active Member

No lag here

5. PghXJ

PghXJ Member

it's just you. :D

6. RickCoMatic

RickCoMatic Well-Known Member

Seems like a long time to wait.

7. Gamuru

Gamuru Guest

I think my hunch about the missing ad might be right...

Attached Files:

8. gcrick

gcrick Member

Another minor "is it just me?" question:

Since The Sheriff and deputies made this latest upgrade (thanks for that; I personally know what a pain server s/w upgrades can be), my text editor for posts doesn't fill in the HTML code for underline, italic or bold text. I get the command bracket set, both opening and closing, but not the u or i or b command.

Now this is absolutely no big deal. Nothing I have to say is that important anyway. And if it is, I can insert the relevant HTML characters. But I thought I'd mention it in case I'm just doing something wrong.

Also, while I'm being picky (some might even insert an "r" in that last word), maybe sometime somebody could ease an old teacher's heart by sticking an extra "n" in the "Annoucements" forum title.

thanks,
    anonymous XJ Board fan :)

Yes, it's okay to block this poster's account and IP address. He's a pain in the butt anyway.

9. Gamuru

Gamuru Guest

While we're at it, I've noticed--since the upgrade--that everything in the title bar for a thread doesn't show up unless I highlight it or mouseover it. This thread, for instance, didn't diplay, "Is it me..." until I selected the text. That's a bug, I'm sure.

10. argh1961

argh1961 Member

Hmmm, interesting. I'm not experiencing that issue.

One thing I've noticed is that some of the pages don't have a scroll bar if they have pics or something that makes the page wider. Makes it impossible to read anything on the right hand side of the page. But it doesn't happen with all of the pages, only a few. Weird.

11. PainterD

PainterD Active Member

To answer your question ("Is it me?").... Yes, it is you!!! None of us seem tobe having problems with it, except YOU. It's all about YOU, isn't it? LOL

Just jerkin' your chain.- It appears there are some problems recently with the forum, but some how they seem to take care of themselves over time, for me anyways. Since I switched from dial-up, life on the 'puter is so much better. I hope you get it figured out! PD

12. jeepsteve92xj

jeepsteve92xj Member

I have different issues with the left/right scroll bar for the huge pictures.
    A good example:
    http://xjbikes.com/Forums/viewtopic/p=73405.html#73405

At home I use FireFox 2.xx and the scroll appears at the bottom of the single post that has the large pictures embedded. Not so easy to have to scroll to each pic and then scroll to the end of that post to scroll right, then scroll back up to the pic again. Some times I'll right click and VIEW PICTURE so the pic is in the browser all alone.

However, at work I am using IE7. The scroll bar for the huge picture posts is just above the status bar. I don't have to scroll away form the picture I'm reviewing in oder to look right and left.

Also, (just an idea) when posting problems or suggestions when you do have issues, include at least your browser and version.

Steve

13. RickCoMatic

RickCoMatic Well-Known Member

Mozilla FireFox 5.0

Screen Overlap.
    NO "Back to top" function.
    NO "Home"

Last 10 Scroll hard to "Catch-up" with because it sometimes does not stopp scrolling to allow me to click on a Topic.

14. rpgoerlich

rpgoerlich Member

I've found that if you minimize your user info for some reason, all of the Title shows along with those wide messages now fit inside the screen.

15. schmuckaholic

schmuckaholic Well-Known Member

I'd have said earlier that it was just you, Don, but right after I read the post, the site did indeed stop responding for me. Later in the day, through another provider and on another machine/browser, it came right up... like it did the first time before it barfed.

I'll have to throw Ethereal/Wireshark at it when I get home later tonight and see if it spits out anything odd.

16. Old-Grunt

Old-Grunt Member

One thing I've noticed is that some of the pages don't have a scroll bar if they have pics or something that makes the page wider. Makes it impossible to read anything on the right hand side of the page. But it doesn't happen with all of the pages, only a few. Weird.[/quote]

I have this same issue

17. Old-Grunt

Old-Grunt Member

One thing I've noticed is that some of the pages don't have a scroll bar if they have pics or something that makes the page wider. Makes it impossible to read anything on the right hand side of the page. But it doesn't happen with all of the pages, only a few. Weird.[/quote]

I have this same issue

18. rpgoerlich

rpgoerlich Member

Exactly, try minimizing the user info and you can see it all then.

19. gcrick

gcrick Member

just a quick "X3" recommendation for Firefox. I bloomin' love it, and I think open source is usually a good thing.