1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

kerker exhaust,clear coat

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by bruceridesthestyrker, Dec 23, 2018.

1. bruceridesthestyrker

bruceridesthestyrker New Member

I bought a clean 1982 maxim 750 2 weeks ago. i am polishing the bike and removing the yellowed clear coat on the bike. is there a decent clear coat in a spray can or will i need to purchase a paint gun and clear coat from a auto paint store? also it has the stock exhaust and it is in good shape but i remember when i had a maxim 750 in 1984 kerker made a 4 in to 1 exhaust but now i can only find the mac 4 in 1 or 4 in 2 do these exhaust help at all with power and are they loud? i like a mellow exhaust but not loud. does anyone else make a exhaust for my bike? thanks bruce

2. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

stock exhaust is quite compared to mac exhaust. kerker is gone out of business. motad from uk has been purchased and may have the exhaust you need

www.xj4ever.com has clear coat in a rattle can

3. Richard Elbon

Richard Elbon Active Member

Cant remember the brand name but spray epoxy in rattle cans works well and you get them at local ACE hardware store.

4. bruceridesthestyrker

bruceridesthestyrker New Member

thanks. i found this bike on ebay and bought it for 1500. i had to adjust the carbs and check the valves. it runs perfect

Attached Files:

Andrew Nichols likes this.