1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Long live Brittania

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Jetfixer, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Jetfixer

Jetfixer Well-Known Member

So I was on eBay and found my favorite British bike magazine Classic Motorcycle Mechanics bought the lot of 12 no136 Febuary 1999 best of the breed XJ650 to see the silver and blue bike on cover.I had to buy them just for that copy. If you've never read one of these you are missing a true gem of a publication . The magazine are not cheap exchange rate my guess but to me worth the price I have about 25 issues and now 12 more . As my title says I'm jealous seeing all the bike shows one day I will go to England to attend one of these shows... cheers

2. FJ111200

FJ111200 Active Member

We used to do the Classic Mechanics Show every year as the XS1100 UK club until interest dropped of. Shame really. Couple of pics below. Me having a pre show clean the night before one of the shows. Embarrassing. Non standard XS1100 with some XJR1200 bodywork 013.JPG 015.JPG which I fitted myself and a picture of a 650 Turbo.
    It is always a good show, you wouldn't be disappointed.

Jetfixer likes this.
  3. Jetfixer

Jetfixer Well-Known Member

Reading the Btit Mags are so well written and pictures are great. They can cover Brit bikes on one page and Jap bikes on the next all we have is HD this and that . Went to a bike show one of the few Jap bikes besides some Honda, Kawasaki ...made me feel good on the few that looked at my XJ all said they liked it.

4. nablats

nablats New Member

I was most perturbed when chatting to an old fart in the pub - same age as me - called my xj650 a `womans` bike. I was going to tell him about a woman called Lois Pryce rode USA top to bottom followed by Africa!!! solo on a trail bike. If it was her he was talking about I am really chuffed. She has more b***s than he ever will. I left him alone to his fate as a di*****head forever more. I implore you to read Lois on the Loose -- truly epic adventure

5. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr Not a guru

Yeah, idiots are always eager to prove themselves. I ride a Rebel. Now THAT'S a girl bike! Just kidding, you should have told him that the other girl you ride is his.

Jetfixer likes this.
  6. Chitwood

Chitwood Active Member

Wait til someone tries to give you crap about having a shaft drive. They don't like it when you tell them that's why their girl wants to sit on your bike...

Jetfixer likes this.
  7. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr Not a guru

Or say that girls enjoy riding your shaft...

Jetfixer and Chitwood like this.
  8. nablats

nablats New Member

nice one to y`all. I will keep these for when the moment comes.........