1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Looking for a Gas cap gasket XJ650

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by hoobatech, Jan 24, 2006.

1. hoobatech

hoobatech New Member

hi, i need the gasket that goes on the gas cap for an 81 maxim 650, im just about finished with the resto and i think its the only part left, unfortunatly it is discontinued through yamaha. Or i'll take any gasket that fits, does anyone know of any that are interchangable/ still available??
    Thanks,
    Matt

2. CTSommers

CTSommers Member

For what ever reason I couldn’t find the gas cap gasket for the 1981 XJ650 but they do sell gas cap gaskets for the XJ650J Maxim (1982 Motorcycle) as far as I know they are exactly the same. http://yamaha-factoryparts.com/ Same thing happen while Looking for parts for my XJ750MK Midnight Maxim so I looked under XJ750K and found the parts there.

3. hoobatech

hoobatech New Member

thanks for the tip, i'll have to stop at the yamaha store tommorrow :)

4. jdrich48

jdrich48 Member

If you don't find it at your local dealer, Bikebandit.com has them listed for the 82 650 and not for the 81. But like CT said there the same cap# so the gasket has to be the same.

5. hoobatech

hoobatech New Member

i was able to order it from the dealership it was about $15