1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Mikuni BS30 Carb fuel T-pieces

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by a100man, Mar 22, 2016.

1. a100man

a100man Well-Known Member

I recently picked up some FZ/YX 600 carbs (BS30s) for the ongoing 598 project. I gave them a good clean and then
    tried to run some fuel in. As I suspected the T-piece at the fill tube pissed like a drunk ( it was moving too freely)
    so I figured i would break the carbs apart and replace the o-rings on the fuel 'rail'(which BTW appear to be imperial sized (1/4" x 1/16" cross section). On the connecting tubes and breather Ts there are o-rings But on the filler T nothing in eveidenc, just moulded bumps ! It's at this point that the leak is worst.. Pic below shows breater T (with O-rings and filler T without)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Any ideas on how to fix this ? Short term bodge might be PTFE tape but any other thoughts ?

2. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

There are a few models that have T fittings with moulded in seals. Chacal sells brass replacements that have grooves for o-rings machined in, but I'm not sure if they will fit your carbs (I think it's the same part as on the 650 Seca).

3. a100man

a100man Well-Known Member

Hi K

Thanks - found a source for the part you describe over here too (NRP Carbs) - 22 quid though. About 1/2 what I paid for the rack. :(