1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Milwaukee/Wisconsin area XJ's

Discussion in 'Central US and Canada' started by IkeO, Oct 14, 2007.

1. pvtschultz

pvtschultz Member

I'm still interested and would be willing to help out with a Carb Clinic. My garage isn't very well equiped (and is a huge mess), but I am pretty comfortable working with them. Someone with a colortune and mercury sticks would be helpful also.

I still need to do some painting and replace my turn signals, but she's ridable.

2. CharlesCollins

CharlesCollins Member

Proposed dates:

June 14th, 22nd ,28th ,29th

Afternoons are best for me, but you guys pipe up with your preferences, too. Are you guys thinking we should do a ride, or a clinic? I like either, with a slight leaning toward a clinic. As much as I love to ride, I could use some advice/help from people who are better than me at this stuff.

3. olinrj

olinrj Member

I can make time any of those days, I think. I'll check with the boss and see what we have planned. I have a 1.5 car garage that has finally been cleaned if we need a spot for a carb clinic. I know my carbs need a good tweaking, but if it will be a ride I'll try to get them set before then. Any other thoughts?

4. SecaDan

SecaDan New Member

Appleton checking in. And I plan to have my ride living by the weekend. I hope...

5. Oblivion

Oblivion Active Member

Hey yo!

I've been away from this board for a while, but I'm really going to try to stick around.

I'm down in Zion - not much of a haul from MKE. I don't know if I could make a clinic - (28th or 29th are the only possibilities for me), but I'd be willing to lend my colortune and YICS tool if needed.

6. loki3050

loki3050 New Member

Palatine, Illinos Checking in.

Had my XJ about 6 years but she slept for 3 of em. Just woke here from her long slumber this spring with Gas prices being what they are and shes none too happy.

If you all plan on having a carb clinic i'd love to attend.

Steve

7. crewwolfy

crewwolfy Member

Chicago here. If you guys are doing a clinic, I'm in. I think my carbs are pretty good (home-made manometers FTW), but I could use the assistance of a colortune like nothing else.

8. xj_meche

xj_meche New Member

I am in Madison and would definitely be up for a trip. Has a location and time been selected?
    -Pat

I would be willing to bring a 12mm colortune and a homemade YICS tool.

9. olinrj

olinrj Member

Sounds like there hasn't been much activity in the area. I still haven't tackled the carbs, but in the next few weeks would like to have a carb-tune clinic. In August I begin a 90 mile per day commute and can't afford to chance it with my truck as my only option. Anyone have availability the weekend of the 19th?

10. loki3050

loki3050 New Member

I'm working on the 19th, should be free on the 20th as far as I know.

11. crewwolfy

crewwolfy Member

Likely free that weekend. And I am in need of a colortune (as well as knowledgeable advice).

12. Yamahamama

Yamahamama Member

I would be up for that and that weekend should work fine for me too, I need to get advice from someone who knows!

13. Yamahamama

Yamahamama Member

is the weekend happening anywhere?

14. LazyBeerNutz

LazyBeerNutz Member

I'm not available on the weekend of July 19-20, but I would love to get to a carb clinic. I have both a 12 and 14mm colortune for use if that helps. I'm pretty sure the 27th is a better day for me but if the 19th works for everyone else, then I guess I'm stuck.

15. IkeO

IkeO Member

charles im almost positive i saw you at rockerbox a few days ago. your bike is pretty unique looking. did you come with your gf/wife/lady friend. was that you?

16. IkeO

IkeO Member

17. somecallmemike

somecallmemike Member

Hello from Eau Claire WI. I'm new to posting here, but I have been following the forum for about a year now. Just bought an 82 XJ650 RJ Seca and the restoration process is being documented here:

http://www.xjbikes.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=12352.html

Let me know what you think, and if you have tips on cleaning carbs, going to a 4 to 1 exhaust, or painting, PLEASE post them as I am a complete rookie when it comes to restoring bikes.

18. peewee

peewee Member

BUMP. Springs almost here, we should set something up!

19. pvtschultz

pvtschultz Member

I was wondering where this thread went to. Mine fired right up yesterday from her winter's rest so I took her for a short ride. I need to do oil changes and a brake bleed tonight and I'm bringing her in to work tomorrow. I'm definately up for a ride some time, but I need to do a little more deferred maintenance first (wheel bearings, brake pads, stearing head bearings...).

20. Oblivion

Oblivion Active Member

I've ridden to work a handful of times since January. Would have ridden today, but I'm having some back/hip issues (Jesus, I'm only 35! :) ).

Were you thinking of a ride or a clinic? I'm up for any kind of meetup at some point but April is really busy already. Weekend of the 4th is the only thing I might conceivably have open.