1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Minnesota - Western Wisconsin riders

Discussion in 'Central US and Canada' started by PainterD, Mar 29, 2010.

1. PainterD

PainterD Active Member

Just getting a list of all the XJ riders in the area (or any other models are welcome also) for getting rides organized this season.
    Just trying to see who will all be available for a small group ride/get together when it's time to ride.
    I know last year I was unable to make any of the rides because of family issues or bad weather (rain) and I hope now that things are back to normal, I will be riding more this year. Hope to see some of those bikes/riders this year finally.
    *Leave a reply or PM me with your phone number so I am able to call you when everyone is ready to ride. PD

2. chuckles_no

chuckles_no Member

I am always good for friday rides. I live in the Milwaukee area but one of my regular rides is up 45 through oshkosh. This year I am going west for my long rides, as far west as LaCross, hwy's 14, 33, 131, 27, etc. I would be able to make some of those rides if they were Friday rides or possibly sunday rides.

3. PainterD

PainterD Active Member

I can't do Fridays (sorry, I work too late)
    Sunday rides are fine with me. Let's see what others have to say and set someting up then later (next month maybe?) and go from there.

4. streetbrawler750

streetbrawler750 Member

Sundays are perfect for me.

5. guzzijohn

guzzijohn New Member

Hi,I'm in Champlin. My '82 Seca650 is my midsize bike. I generally do shorter putts north and west-up Cambridge way or out to South Haven. I do monthly runs down to the Wisconsin hills southeast of Lake Pepin on my Aprilia Futura. I'm old-64 in May but like to go fast as I was a CRA racer in the 70s. Guzzi John

6. Krashen

Krashen Member

Not from minesotta but close im north central Iowa about 5-10 minutes from Iowa/Minesotta line. I'm still doing maintenance on my bikes : / hopefully be ready to ride soon! but keep in touch please i would mor likely be able to go on saturdays or sundays.
    If you guys do carb clinics let me know!! lol i've been haveing some issues with them thanks!

7. PainterD

PainterD Active Member

Krashen,
    MnMaxims did a carb clinic last year. You may want to PM him and see what he ahs up his sleeve for this season. He's located in Minneapolis.

8. dpharmer

dpharmer New Member

I hail from Inver Grove Heights and would love to attend a social / ride event

9. PainterD

PainterD Active Member

Dpharmer,
    Sounds good to me. Looks like a plan for one of the next weekends then.

10. mhajicek

mhajicek New Member

Hey, I'm in Fridley / Spring Lake Park. Just picked up an '81 Seca 650, haven't got it tuned in yet.

-Matt

11. PainterD

PainterD Active Member

Sound like a plan, if the rain ever quits. So far I haven't been down there yet this year because mainly of the weather. We'll have to get together soon and ride, whatdya say?

12. MN-Maxims

MN-Maxims St. Paul Minnesota

MN is alive and well..

How you doin Painter.

Love to ride now the weather is getting better

13. PainterD

PainterD Active Member

Yup, I'm in. The temps are supposed to be in the upper 70s now, so that's about as good as it gets. Let's see what next weekend looks like and go for it! PD

14. RangerG

RangerG Member

August 15 - 18th I made my farthest journey into eastern, or central. USA and Canada. Rode Hwy #2 from East Grand Forks to Bemidji on the 15th. Next day we rode to Lake Superior and spent the night near Illgen City. On the 17th we hit Hwy #1 then #53 to International Falls. Hwy #1 was the most fun to ride during the entire trip. Spent the night in Kenora Ontario and then headed home. 4,400 km round trip with the old '81 Seca. The chain was cooked and was replaced before getting home and the diaphram on the fuel petcock was leaking the last few days. I had rebuilt the petcock two years ago just so that I wouldn't have this kind of issue! New diaphram installed now and I'll test it on Sunday. Too bad I didn't have more time and could have looked up some MN XJers. Added MN and ON to my signature map.