1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

My 04 Honda Hornet!

Discussion in 'Other Motorcycles' started by Maxwell Partridge, May 5, 2020.

1. Maxwell Partridge

Maxwell Partridge Member

Hey guys! Just thought you might like to see how my other project is coming! It's a 2004 Honda Hornet CB599F. Got it torn down and sanded everything, just need to wait for some warmer weather up here in Pennsylvania before I lay down the coats of Metallic Purple it's gonna get. What do you guys think? I'm using Krylon Shimmer Purple as my base coat and got some 2K Gloss clear to put overtop of it, I think it's gonna look great. Just need to convert my Sun Room into a makeshift paint booth and when it's warmer it's ready for paint!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Got the exhaust wrapped
    [​IMG]
    Halfway through sanding, thank god I have an orbital sander, my hand was numb!
    [​IMG]
    Red spots is body filler putty to fill in some small dents, need to sand it down.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Already got the purple grips and levers on it!
    [​IMG]

2. Polock

Polock Well-Known Member

just a idea, some of this stuff might look nice on a few of the aluminum bits...keeping with the purple theme
    https://www.krylon.com/products/stained-glass-paint/
    i did it on some bits once over a wire brush finish and it was nice, but it didn't have to match anything

3. Maxwell Partridge

Maxwell Partridge Member

That's a cool idea but since I'm not planning on painting my front forks or the chrome on the bike I like the purple-silver-chrome mixture I'm gonna get out of this, I'm using bright pink as my accent coloring wherever I see fit like on the water-pump plastic cover housing. I might to the tank 2-tone, as in top side purple and lower half (where legs hug) pink. I'm not sure though!