1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

My first bobber project - 85 xj700

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by Andypulsifer, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Andypulsifer

Andypulsifer New Member

Brand new to this site. Just picked up my very first motorcycle and gave a little bobber project a try, I think it turned out fairly good for never touching a bike prior to picking this one up about a month ago! Not 100% complete yet, but we're getting there!

Still left to do:

- white wall tires (ordered)
    -forward controls (have the pegs, linkage ordered)
    - mirrors
    - black out rims
    - maybe some other things.... it'll probably never be full complete.
    20180331_175737.jpg SmartSelectImage_2018-03-31-18-12-37.jpg 20180331_175850.jpg

Attached Files:

Josh Taylor and Dave Johnson like this.
  2. tankthomas121

tankthomas121 New Member

I love your work here...the bike looks epic. I have a similar model/age and am looking to bob it. I am keeping the project super simple...tuck the back part in like yours, and hopefully go for a fat tire in front. Several questions for you:

1.Where did you get your seat?
    2. Where did you purchase the break light/ turn signal lighting system?
    3. Did you actually hack off any of the back frame; or just remove the big tire cover piece that the original signal lights bolted to?
    4. Fat front tire route?
    5. Any general advice you would give for the project?!

Apologies for littering you with questions...any advice is helpful. Your project is exactly what I am going for. Again, bravo on your bike.

3. steber

steber Active Member

Bikes are never finished for sure! Check out my build thread and you'll see for sure! They never end!