1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

My parents ain't happy

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by Jack bruck, Apr 10, 2023.

1. Jack bruck

Jack bruck New Member

My parents say I have a week to get rid of the titleles 300$ xj750 seca. Turd I just picked up for my senior project. Any ideas on how to advert this situation. And yes I ran the vin it's truly just a forgotten barn find but my mom's convinced I shoulda asked before I bought and she Is beyond angry great just great. Idk if you guys guessed it I'm not getting rid of it and I don't know how she plans on getting rid of it. But all that aside it was my money that purchased the beut. And I'm in love. Help someone if not oh well.

2. Dan Gardner

Dan Gardner Well-Known Member Premium Member

Bummer.

Is the problem that there is no title or is the problem that it is a motorcycle? Or something else?

Most states have a process to fix the title problem. Maybe you could agree to put off getting rid of it until the title replacement process plays out and keep it if you get a new title. You will most likely need at least of bill of sale and any other documentation you can provide to make the case to the state, like a signed affidavit from the seller saying something like "this bike with VIN xxxxxxxxxxx is not stolen and has been sitting in my barn since 19XX and I lost the title XX years ago".

The "mom doesn't like motorcycles" problem is more difficult to solve.

3. Franz

Franz Well-Known Member

Can you take a beginner's motorcycle safety course?

4. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

Everyone's parents aren't happy. Do you have a friend with space to store her?
    Is it an academic project and not just a "I'm a Senior and I need a motorcycle" project? If it's an actual project for school then contact your teacher and advisor. I'd bet good money that they can help smooth things over and give you a place to store the bike.

FWIW, any $300 XJ is a good buy, title or no title.

5. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

California has a process, but it's nearly impossible to complete it.

6. Dan Gardner

Dan Gardner Well-Known Member Premium Member

That sucks.

In that case, I would say:
    1. Take the safety course. Then give yourself plenty of time to practice. Don’t be an idiot. I’m an idiot too, but just saying, don’t be an idiot.
    2. If you got that bike for $300, you can make money on parts.
    3. Take said money and buy a titled bike.
    4. Take the safety course.

chacal and jayrodoh like this.
  7. Jack bruck

Jack bruck New Member

It's a clean vin. Non stolen it is my senior project. Necessary for me to reach total academic credits. And I have a buddy to store it on. And I plan on purchasing all gear and taking the course before ever swing my leg over it if purring

chacal likes this.