1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

New to me, a 1982 Yamaha, XJ1100, Maxim!

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by Richard F. Oslund, Sep 3, 2022.

1. Richard F. Oslund

Richard F. Oslund New Member

XJ Family.

I have bought a 1982 Yamaha XJ1100-Maxim, that came with a complete Vetter package. I have some questions to post. What other 1100's are compatible for parts? I'm trying to locate a Carb Rebuild Kit, a Rear Master Cylinder rebuild Kit.

I'm currently going through all of the wiring and connectors: cleaning them all and applying die-electric grease. I found a couple of wires that have been chewed on by mice, and I will be able to repair them. What surprised me was the Accel Ignition (one wire chewed through) System installed and the 4 into 1 Exhaust.

I've ran the Carbs through my Ultrasonic Cleaner, for multiple Cycles and they are ready for rebuilding. The front Disc Brake should be closely similar to my other Vintage Motorcycles. I hope this Family is alright with theses questions. Any suggestions for other beneficial information, is highly welcomed! This Firefighter is grateful!