1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

oil take off and gauge fit

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by bensalf, Jan 25, 2021.

1. bensalf

bensalf Well-Known Member

hi all ,
    well i finally got together all the bits and pieces to fit my "spin-on " oil filter conversion and cooler take off and oil temp and pressure take off, heres the set up,
    IMG_0768.JPG item 1 - is oil cooler take off ,that bolts to the engine as normal
    item 2- is collar that fits at back of adaptor plate to stop it from deforming, when tightened
    item 3 - is adaptor plate from a xj600s 1992 with bolt that screws into engine
    item 4- is new sandwich plate with 1/8 npt take off's for gauge sensors
    item5- is screwed collar that bolts sandwich plate on and provides thread for oil filter to screw onto.

item 3 i got off ebay from a breakers, it fits an xj600s that has the spin on, and reduces the size of the sealing rubber ring, mating surface, it came with the bolt and collar

item 4 is from ebay, new, its just a sandwich plate with take offs for gauge. and comes with various sizes of collars to suit the engine ( in our case 20mm) "item 5"

item 6 is new filter HF303, fits xj600s --and my 1500 Goldwing
    above the sandwich plate are the two sensors for oil temperature and pressure and came with the digital gauge.

IMG_0767.JPG

digital gauge is cheap chinese one it also has voltmeter and fuel level gauge on it, its not as big as it lookes its only 3" long, and i'm mounting it between the handlebar mounts,
    heres the set up bolted to the engine

IMG_0765.JPG

filter sticks out about30mm further than original set up , but still not as far as the exhausts do
    i'll let you know when its all up and running, i'm rebuilding the engine at the mo,
    just thought i'd post this for if anyone is interested,;)
    stu

Huntchuks, Yammaat and Franz like this.