1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

OK is it just me or is this ebay seller a flake?

Discussion in 'Reviews - Service, Online, Retail Shop' started by bill, Sep 30, 2008.

1. bill

bill Active Member

OK this guy has a canceler listed - ad is very unclear so I sent this question:

Dear krumerman,

"This item is offered as-is and does not come with any warranty --expressed or implied. It is sold as a NOT useable item when removed from the vehicle and left our shop"

What exactly does this mean?
    Sounds like the part is no good? Do you know if the part functioned when removed from the bike?

The answer:

buy any electrical part new from moto shop. you will find out - no warranty on any elecrical parts. part functioned when removed from the bike, but sold with no warranty. all parts we sell is used parts from old parts bikes. if you need new shiny parts do not buy from us.

My reply:

Dear krumerman,

I don't need new shiny parts and I fully understand your policy of no warranty on a used part and the reasons you have that policy.

I could not find anywhere in the listing where it states "functioned when removed" in fact your disclaimer made it sound as if it did not function (at least to me). That is why I asked the question.

Thank you for the clarification.

He replies:

you saing : i know it is no warranty, but warranty this part. sorry.

So now I'm confused and send:

Not at all. I'm not sure how you go the Idea that I am asking for a warranty.

I said your listing does not state it worked when removed. In fact Your disclaimer says "It is sold as a NOT useable item when removed from the vehicle and left our shop" That wording implies the part was not working when removed from the vehicle. I figured that could not be correct so I asked for clarification.

I have bought a lot of used parts and fully understand there is no warranty and would not ask for one.

You answered my question - it worked when you removed it. I appreciate the answer and was not trying to get anything more than that information from you.

Thanks again and sorry for any misunderstanding

Now comes the winner for him:

you do not have to buy this part.

So I was nice but not as nice as I had been:

Dear krumerman,

you are an interesting person to be dealing with customers. I asked a simple question which you answered. I told you I appreciate your clarifying the question and even apologized for any misunderstanding and you tell me "you don't have to buy the part"

Of course I don't and don't worry I won't bother you anymore with my questions or my money!

So there you have it - I can't figure the guy out. My best guess is that English is not his native language and he thinks I'm insulting him or trying to get something out of him. I thought the whole thing was bizarre and thought I would share....

2. superspirit

superspirit New Member

you got to watch some of those people on ebay I've had good and bad dealings off that site, but it sounds to me like this guy is a FLAKE!!!

3. TIMEtoRIDE

TIMEtoRIDE Active Member

I have a dog for sale, and he's DEAD. he's $200, and a pedigree. he died yesterday. And he has fleas.

This guy is just trying to clarify that he doesn't want to hear it.
    I wouldn't send him any money either.

4. bill

bill Active Member

:lol:

So his answer to my last note was "thanks"

Got to love it....

5. MN-Maxims

MN-Maxims St. Paul Minnesota

That guy is an Jack A$$ with an attitude. Sorry for calling someone an Jack A$$ but its true. That guy is a junk yard dick head that thinks he has golden parts and "HIS TIME" is worth big bucks to box up your part. I made the mistake of buying a part from him and that dude charges me more for shipping than the price of the item. If it were not for the need of the item that he had I would have asked to back out of the deal. He's just one of those guys that probably paid 50 bucks for a junk bike and wants to make a grand off of the parts. I will not buy from him again and for sure he got negitive feedback on shipping.

6. MN-Maxims

MN-Maxims St. Paul Minnesota

Also do not ever buy from any seller that will not at least refund your money less shipping of course if what you got from him is not useable or not in as good of shape as described.

7. jeepsteve92xj

jeepsteve92xj Member

How often should I walk this dog? And does his poo stink?

8. bill

bill Active Member

I had the impression he was less than ethical. I have had decent luck on ebay but I try to be careful.

9. Zookie400

Zookie400 Active Member

that was a good read.........sometimes i am embarrassed to admit im a human, thanks to people like him.

10. PaulT

PaulT Member

Dear krumerman,

I would like much to buy your not shiny part. I am former prince of Zubabooland, where my father, the king is now being held prisoner. I would like very much to send you cashier's check for shiny not new part. I will make check for $15000.00 dollars US & my associate will pick up part and $10,000.00 dollars US from you. You keep rest of money for handling fee bonus to you.

Thank you much very
    Prince Jmiki

11. bill

bill Active Member

ROFLMAO - I should send that to him...

12. beanflicker_98

beanflicker_98 Member

I won auction for a pair of glasses.I got them in about a week.But they were not the ones pictured in the auction.i emailed the seller and he was cool said I could keep them and he would send the correct ones at no charge.So a week goes buy and the glasses arrived.Ony to be the wrong ones not the ones pictured a differnt style then the ones pictured.i emailed the seller again and he has yet to reply.

13. bill

bill Active Member

maybe we should start an ebay hall of shame so we know who not to deal with.

14. superspirit

superspirit New Member

that's not a bad idea

15. GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey Member

Haha That guy really sucks.

16. jeepsteve92xj

jeepsteve92xj Member

Recently I has a seller cancel my bid for foot pegs. I was the only bidder. He said he canceled my bid because he couldn't meet my service standards. I emailed and asked what he meant by that and got no reply.
    In the final 2 hours of the auction, with no other bids placed, I attempted to rebid, but he had me blocked.
    I emailed again and ask what the issue was. He did reply that he felt I was too critical in my feedback left for others. I did point out that if I were picky or critical, I wouldn't be shopping for 25yo parts on ebay.
    He agreed that he was likely over reacting and then promised to send me the parts for free if there were no other bidders. There were none, and I had the perfectly good used pegs in less than a week. He could have made a few bucks and received good feedback.
    Oh well, I'm happy.

PS: I believe I provide honest feedback, and really point out the best bits, and usually keep quiet about minor issues (like late or slow shipping.)

Steve

17. Wannaride

Wannaride Member

chuckychen on ebay tried to overcharge me for shipping a rear fairing. I balked, emailed back and forth and didn't pay until he knocked off the overcharge...especially on Intl. orders (Canada;-) It went to dispute and boy did he change his tune FAST AND apologized!
    Go to the USPS site or the Canada Post site and use their estimators on size of the package and weight. Often, there is a flat rate for under certain weights/sizes too...informed buyers!!!

18. Robert

Robert Active Member

Bill, you are dealing with a non-english speaker who is focused on the task at hand, namely making maximum coinage on junk he or others like him are tearing apart to market to customers. Chalk this one up to experience and move on. It is quite obvious that he did not understand the nature of your question and his replies speak for themselves. I can tell you, being non-native makes a world of difference when dealing with the written word. Even simple words have different nuances, depending upon locality and experience. Sorry bud.

19. bill

bill Active Member

I suspected that Robert which is why I persisted and tried to word carefully. I deal with many non English speakers in my job. I found the whole thing bizarre.

Believe me I have moved on but it was therapeutic to share...