1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

OK....

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by KrS14, Sep 29, 2011.

1. KrS14

KrS14 Active Member

Fall/Winter can now go away..

That is all..

2. Ground-Hugger

Ground-Hugger Member

3. bigfitz52

bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Oh, c'mon now the trees haven't even turned yet.

We've still got some nice riding days ahead once the monsoons decide to abate. With all this backwards flow around the upper Great Lakes recently I've been getting your weather, second hand, for the last week.

4. Ground-Hugger

Ground-Hugger Member

Fitz ever since I put the bike on the road we've had nothing but RAIN!!!! This last weekend was the first time in over a month that I've seen more then ONE day of dry riding weather.
    So it must be MY fault the weather is so crappy!!!

5. mwhite74

mwhite74 Member

I'm waiting to order by new starter brushes (tomorrow). Watching the fall slip away... Better that than be stranded somewhere I suppose, at least it's for the better of the bike ;)

6. Dannymax

Dannymax Member

Really guys....this is the best riding of the whole year in my book! You just gotta grab 'em when they come around......after the flood waters recede! :lol:

7. KrS14

KrS14 Active Member

My issue is I drive an hour home from Cambridge every night at 9pm, gets to be a bit cold at night. That and i'm a pansy when it comes to being cold when riding lol.

The rain doesn't help any either.

8. bigfitz52

It's supposed to clear out in our neck o'the woods, guys, right after the weekend. Sending all our crappy weather back your way.

Actually by mid-next week, it's supposed to be quite nice for all of us up here. I sure hope so, the leaves are finally beginning to change.

9. Ground-Hugger

Ground-Hugger Member

I rode in cool wet weather more then once when I was YOUNGER. And I tell you theres nothing worse then riding for two hours in the rain when its 10C, approx 50 F. Back then we didn't have all the fancy rain gear or ridding clothes we have now. Leather boots, leather or jean jacket no gloves and the only people who wore leather pants and jackets raced bikes. After two hours when I got home I had to soak my hands in hot water to get them to bend out of a death grip on the handle bars!! And it took two days to warm up and get the chill out of my body, even after soaking for an hour in the tub!
    Ah the good old days!

10. bigfitz52

Back in the day, ex-wife #3 and I went on our honeymoon on the Norton to Manitoulin Island in mid-June.

Rained 10 of the 14 days.

TONS o'fun.

11. Dannymax

Dannymax Member

I would never label anyone 'pansy' for wanting to avoid cold, rainy weather....I hate it too! Going around Albany, NY last July and got caught in a bad hail storm, was on a big looping exit ramp....nowhere to hide! Had the gear on but it still beat the hell out of my knees!

Not unlike being hit with crushed stone!