1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Parts washer

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by dkavanagh, Dec 4, 2018.

1. dkavanagh

dkavanagh Well-Known Member Premium Member

Does anybody have a recommendation? I'm looking for something that doesn't take up a ton of space, yet I can fit engine casings in and has a brush that fluid pumps through. I might end up with one of the free-standing ones, but the 20 gallon ones I've seen seems excessive.

2. Colin 85 700

Colin 85 700 Active Member

Have a free standing "varsol" tank at my shop. Its approx 4x2.5 ft. Holds 5-6 gallons of solvent with a raised tray and fluid pump nozzle, seperate brush. Made of red tin. Power Fist brand here in Canada if i remember correct.
    Bought it at Tooltown, discount parts n tools, was like $50 CAN
    Would just fit a motorcycle case, lid open.
    Cheap, construction and cost, but its over 10 years old now and still works. Id look for similar.

3. dkavanagh

dkavanagh Well-Known Member Premium Member

Thanks, I'll look for something similar. I find in some cases, I like buying really nice tools, but much of the time, I can go with something a little cheaper since I don't do any of my work full-time and so it's light duty for the tools!

4. hogfiddles

hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

Dave....i'll hafta go out and look, but I THINK I still have one. I'll check in a bit then call or text ya.

Dave Fox