1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

[PICS] Just put most of the fairings on!

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by turbobike, Feb 26, 2008.

1. turbobike

turbobike Member

Well, today it was rainy, snowy, and lots of ice on the roads. No way was i going to be able to go ride.

So, today i took a bunch of fairings without any nuts or bolts, and put them onto my bike! I had a bucket of old 3000gt bolts, and i found what looks like a complete set to the fairing hardware. Kinda cool i thought, and if i need anymore, i have a spare 3000gt to take more bolts off of.

So, without further adeu, and i know it's dirty and ugly :( bare with me, it was sold as a 'parts bike'.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and one of my helper

[​IMG]

the bottom pieces are waiting to be put on because i actually have to take everything off and re-align the front mounting bracket.

My plans, prep & paint. Cleaning the oem finish will look good until i can figure out what color i want to run with. Lambo Orange Pearl is #1, but i've never done pearl before, so I'm kinda looking for a #2 at this point. I'm also not a big fan of the silver. Just not me.

Thanks for viewing!

2. BlueMaxim

BlueMaxim Active Member

You're making me jealous!

3. turbobike

turbobike Member

heh, why's that?

4. RickCoMatic

RickCoMatic Well-Known Member

When you're making choices about "What Color" ... you KNOW that light at the end of the tunnel is good old fashion Summer Sunshine and not an oncoming train.

Pick the color you are going to be happy with. That Orange sounds like a winner, but I'd like to see what is looks like.

Got a sample?

5. turbobike

turbobike Member

6. RickCoMatic

RickCoMatic Well-Known Member

Thats a winner!!!

Nice photo too. Reminded me of my days, back in the early 70's, while Stationed in Naples, Italy ... I had a Lambretta Motor Scooter with pretty much the same lines at that Vespa.

I rode that thing like I was a young farm-boy riding the family mule to the Circus!

I'd like those days back.

7. MacMcMacmac

MacMcMacmac Member

I'd leave it black. There are rumors that this was an ultra rare factory paint scheme, black and gold. I have never seen one with it.

8. turbobike

turbobike Member

the fairings are black and not painted black, as far as the decals the "shiny" part is now silver, whatever it once was who knoes, and the 'red' around is pin striped. the upper fairings are missing the decales and emblems.

I cleaned it up and black does look good. and i was thinking, it is a rarer bike being black. I'll just have to paint the gold wheels, and match the rear foot pegs.

I do want dual exhaust on it, I really like the look. Even if it only functions never.. :)

9. RangerG

RangerG Member

It might just be me, but that orange bike doesn't look like it's very fast!