1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Pictures from Backfire, Ballard, every third wednesday

Discussion in 'Western US and Canada' started by Militant_Buddhist, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Militant_Buddhist

Militant_Buddhist Member

2. rustysavage

rustysavage Member

Re: Pictures from last night's Backfire

wow tons of great pics!

3. RickCoMatic

RickCoMatic Well-Known Member

Thank you Militant:

I looked at those Bikes and remembered a lot of good times when I had a few of those beauties, myself.

Especially, a few of those old Honda's.

Thanks for sharing those with us.

4. Militant_Buddhist

Militant_Buddhist Member

Very glad to spread the joy. When I first went a couple years ago it reminded me of Car night at the A&W from when I was a kid but rattle bombed over with punk rock. A very awesome event around here.
    I'll try to remember to link to my friend's photobucket of Backfire often as she rarely misses one.
    *edit*
    Here's a link to the Backfire website's photo section.

5. Militant_Buddhist

Militant_Buddhist Member

and here is July

6. jdpesz

jdpesz Member

When did you get there? We probably walked past each other a dozen times. Unless you didn't arrive until after 6, which was when I had to leave. You couldn't have missed my bike, it was right in front of the 2bit. We gotta get better connected! :D

7. wamaxim

wamaxim Active Member

Thanks a ton for sharing 2 tons of pics! Dirty trick though! You know what I mean! The pic of the Moto Guzzi riding away looked like a very tall and slender lady. Then came the front view without warning! If that's a chick she DEFINITELY needs to visit the electrolysis clinic!

The only thing more beautiful than a Honda CBX with all those pipes is a perfectly restored/maintained CBX! Nice!

Do you remember what the little blue Honda twin is?

Is this a monthly event, year around or only during the spring/ summer months. Sunny weather in Ballard can't be beat but it sure can get soupy in the winter time!

Thanks again for sharing!

Loren

8. jdpesz

jdpesz Member

^^^Third Wednesday of every month, 4:00 PM, rain or shine.

9. Militant_Buddhist

Militant_Buddhist Member

Hey Jeff, I noticed your location in another thread (where you mentioned seeing an XJ at boeing) and almost went off topic there. Last time I did get there kinda late but stayed all night for the rock show and had a blast. I almost always get there about a quarter till 5 and leave at dusk (I ride with a friend that works in Bellevue, usually gets out at 4 but has been working real late recently). In that last series there is a shot of me in my Vanson jacket sporting a mohawk and a pic of my friend's wife flipping the "salute" from a scooter she thought was neat (and ASKED to sit on). They're both riders and it's their camera. You can usually tell who was taking pics on a given night as she takes pics of bikes for their overall aesthetic and he tends to get in close and take pictures of parts of bikes for given design features.

Loren, I don't know for sure what that little blue set of redwings is. My shoot from the hip guess is a CB77. A 305. At a glance the tank shouts "Dream" to me but the rest of the bike isn't wearing all the plate cladding and cover-up business the old Dreams had.

My bike is pretty unmistakable too, growls and roars due to what's mentioned in my sig line. If I see ya there, I'll track ya down. I've often demonstrated an ability to spot an XJ motor from a block away (there's a Maxim that lives on Market street) and have talked to the one other Seca750 I saw there once who said yes, he found XJbikes.com to be the best website for "us" since google.

10. Militant_Buddhist

Militant_Buddhist Member

11. Militant_Buddhist

Militant_Buddhist Member

*bump*
    This last year Backfire decided to wuss out for the winter.
    Spring opener is Wednesday April 20th.