1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Problems accessing forums with Safari 3.1

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by wfuglaar, Mar 27, 2008.

1. wfuglaar

wfuglaar Member

Is anyone else on a Mac using Safari 3.1 having problems getting access to the forums?

I keep getting an 'Access Denied. User Agent unknown.' error message when I try to get to the site. I just started having this problem today.

Firefox and Camino browsers seem to work OK.

Bill

2. SnoSheriff

SnoSheriff Site Owner Staff Member Administrator

Moving thread to "Suggestion Box" forum.

I upgraded the site software last night. That may be the cause. I'll look into it and see what can be done. In the meantime I recommend using Firefox. Thanks for the feedback.

3. wfuglaar

wfuglaar Member

WooHoo!!!

After the Sunday morning server maintenance, Safari 3.1 is working just fine!

No more having to lie about my 'user agent' or switch browsers to access the site.

Thanks!
    Bill

4. bap3826

bap3826 Member

I am still getting the "user agent" error when trying to access the site via Safari.

5. bap3826

bap3826 Member

Apple recently released a Safari update; so perhaps the user agent message has changed. My current message is "Netscape 5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_4_11; en) AppleWebKit/525.13 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1 Safari/525.13".

You can change the user agent message in Safari via the Develop menu. See this article for how to enable the Develop menu. When I change the user agent to an earlier version of Safari I can access the site OK.

6. bap3826

bap3826 Member

It's working fine for me now. Thanks Sno?