1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Riding in windy conditions.

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by jim123, Oct 27, 2010.

1. jim123

jim123 Member

It was so windy today, my mirrors were getting blown out of adjustment. I got them new from Yamaha 3 years ago and set them once and never moved them. I was going 55-60 mph with 50 mph gusts hitting me at nearly perfect right angles. Trees were down all over the place. Garbage cans blowing all over the roads. I never thought blowing leaves could hurt your face like they did today. It was a 55 mile long adventure.

2. Cmccully04

Cmccully04 Member

I always get stuck in the worst weather, as well my friend. I've hit HAIL twice this year. Do you know what a 1/2" diameter piece of hail feels like at 60mph, on a Highway with no helmet?? it sucks!!!! the first one that hit me, I thought for sure I got shot.

3. mlew

mlew Well-Known Member

Always check the weather reports before leaving. If they say thunder storms, extreme winds and hail, LEAVE THE BIKE HOME. Its better to wreck your car then yourself. I have been stuck in bad weather, its not fun.

4. schmuckaholic

schmuckaholic Well-Known Member

You want fun? Try riding through the wind farm straddling I-10 near Palm Springs.

5. Robert

Robert Active Member

Isn't it just a blast?! I did it once on my FZR, I'm not eager to repeat that experience.

6. kirkn

kirkn Member

hmmm........

7. Orange-n-Black

Orange-n-Black Well-Known Member

Had a half helmet, got nailed in the forehead by a Junebug at 55. I saw stars and thought I was going to pass out. Half helmet sits in closet for now on. :wink: