1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

[Seca II] UK spec carbs in US spec bike

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by BSisko, Aug 23, 2010.

1. BSisko

BSisko New Member

Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster.

Got a quick question relating to m 92 Seca II. I was wondering if carbs for a XJ 600 Diversion (from the UK) will work in a Seca II.

Could they be a drop in replacement for the current carbs in my bike? Are there any differences, will it require modifications, or is it not worth it and I should try and find some US ones?

Thanks in advance!

2. andrewlong

andrewlong Member

Welcome!

There are differences between US and UK carbs -- I'll be able to list them once I get my hands on my manual in just a little bit.

3. BSisko

BSisko New Member

Cool I'd appreciate that.

I'm really curious to see whether or not they'd even work as I'm having a hard time finding North America spec ones.

4. BSisko

BSisko New Member

*bump*

Any experience / input with this issue?

5. markie

markie Member

I have a Haynes manual - but not the bike!. The UK and Canadian carbs/jets/float height are the same. The US carbs are different (2 jets are slightly smaller and the needle clip position is fixed. )

If the choice is Uk or US - the UK carbs are identical to yours, although the US carb should work.

Hope this helps.

PS I could email you the page if you need it.

6. BSisko

BSisko New Member

Awesome thanks for the input.

I'm actually the reverse ;-)

I know this probably sounds like a dumb question, but is it safe to assume if a US carb should work on a UK bike that a UK carb would work on a US bike.

7. ike6116

ike6116 Member

I've seen UK carbs for sale, this is relevant to my interests, would appreciate an answer. If I could have a UK set that I could put on my bike it would be nice to have even just as a backup.

8. markie

markie Member

[​IMG]
    Here are the carb specs from the manual.

I hope this helps. They only thing that people might need to be aware of is that the later diversions have more differences (Carbs, electrics etc)

9. BSisko

BSisko New Member

Thanks.

I'm not the most knowledgable on these matters but how would running carbs with slightly differing jet specs affect a bike? Like in this case 105 on 1 and 4 and 102.5 on 2,3 vs 102.5 on all?

I'm also assuming the rack and everything else would be the same.

10. andrewlong

andrewlong Member

Damn, forgot I was going to post some pics! My bad.

Lots of differences in the pics. It'd definitely run different -- the Diversion was tuned a little bit tamer. Less of a sport bike and more of a touring bike, hence the changes in specs.

I'd really need to hold a set of em in my hands to tell if it'd work. Honestly though I think it would. It's throwing gas and air into the same engine. How differently it would run, well, that's the question.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]