1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Southwest (us) carb clinic?

Discussion in 'Western US and Canada' started by KanesSon, Aug 21, 2006.

1. KanesSon

KanesSon Member

Is there anyone out there who is knowlegable enough, and willing to do a carb clinic in AZ, SoCal, or anywhere within a day ride from phoenix? I think I just missed one in California :-\

2. Robert

Robert Active Member

I'm located in Ventura CA, have the tools and know-how, but lack the place to do the job. If anyone would be interested in offering up their space, I'd be willing to show up.

3. KanesSon

KanesSon Member

I'd be all for offering up my garage as a ple to do it, unfortunately I wouldn't have a place for you to stay (roomates). perhaps someone who would be interested in partaking in a carb clinic has an extra room or something?

Thats quite the ride from Ventura to Phoenix just to do some carbies though...

4. ArizonaSteve

ArizonaSteve Member

I have all the equipment needed. With 4 bikes it seems that I'm adjusting carbs all the time. I don't have much room though.
    Someday I hope to go to F.I. and get rid of the carbs alltogether like this guy who installed a Megasquirt setup on his XJ1100.
    http://www.hal-pc.org/~dhutch/

5. Robert

Robert Active Member

It's a thought. I've a very dear friend out in Phoenix I haven't seen in 8 years. He's gotten married in the interum and has a daughter now. Perfect excuse to ride.

6. KanesSon

KanesSon Member

Well, let me know, I should be able to free up a few days between now and october, after that I will hopefully be starting a second job, and be lacking in the free-time department.

7. Robert

Robert Active Member

Ditto, just got a call from a prospective job in Redding CA. Might be headed there for an interview shortly!

8. KanesSon

KanesSon Member

well, if you get the itch to ride to AZ, let me know ;-)

9. Robert

Robert Active Member

Will do. Just too many things that need to be done before I can play and I've only a month left to do it all. I gotta get me a couple of clones.

10. Hvnbnd

Hvnbnd Active Member

Kanesson, I haven't been around for a while as my wife had some pretty intense surgery recently, if you need some carb help when all this settles down around here (I'll let you know when it does) I'd be glad to help.... only problem is there is nowhere to get parts in a reasonable time frame here. (Worst case seneraio) You could end up stranded.
    Up to you, when things settle down I'll give a hollar.
    Mike

11. KanesSon

KanesSon Member

That would be cool Mike, I'd take any excuse to take another trip up to the mountains (I've gone twice in the last few weeks). Assuming I didn't have to be back to the valley for work in a timely manner, I wouldn't really be worries about getting stranded there. I grew up in Show Low (as I've probably mentioned before) and have friends I'm sure I could stay with if needed.

Come to think of it though, I'm not sure if I would
    want to do any tuning up there. my bike kind of runs like crap up there (it runs a little rich down here, so up there it practically drowns.

Anyways, let me know if/when your up for it.

also, I hope your wife recovers well, and hope it wasn't something too serious.

12. SecaGirl

SecaGirl Member

I'm near Sedona, and would be interested in swinging by. My carbs seem fine now (knock on wood), but always interested.

13. Robert

Robert Active Member

Just spoke to SWMBO and she was game to let me head out so long as I drove the Max down in the bed of my pickup! Where is the adventure in that??? What is a fellow to do? I want to ride it down but my butt and back probably wouldn't enjoy it near as much as I would. She may have a point. I'll keep working this issue and let you all know if I can pull it off.

14. KanesSon

KanesSon Member

Weeelllllllll, if you were to trailor (or truck) it here, a day trip would atleast be in order. Arizona has some fantastic highways, especially up through the mountains.

15. Robert

Robert Active Member

I used to vacation down that way in the fall and miss the beauty of the hills. Suppose now would be a good time to catch up with what I've been missing the last 15 years. Gotta wait for the money train to pull in on the 15 to see if I've any cash to play with.

16. KanesSon

KanesSon Member

Let me know, there is a possability of myself getting a promotion, and being able to make my own hours... which would rock.

17. Hvnbnd

Hvnbnd Active Member

If you want to ride up this way, and I don't have to work, I'd be game for some riding. I know some really choice spots up here to ride and into New Mexico (the forests and high deserts) and throughout the White Mountains (Heber to Alpine).
    Another real nice 3/4 day ride is to Hannagan Meadow Lodge on the Coronado Trail. (if the reastuarant is still open)

Kanesson if you tune that baby a bit rich up here then it should be ok in the desert, then you would be good to go wherever you want to ride.
    Give me some dates that work so I can see where my calander is, I work 12 hr shifts and the days I work are just that Work Days.

Wife is doing better now it's been 2.5 weeks, THANK GOD!!!!

18. KanesSon

KanesSon Member

Well, things at work a quite hecktic right now, we are extremely short on staff, so I don't think I could get away anytime in the near future. Also, I laid my bike down, and I really did a number on my right ankle, they Xrayed with, but still couldn't tell me if it was broken, sprained, or torn ligaments, so I'm waiting that out to see if it gets any better. But don't worry the bike is fine, picked it up and rode it the rest of the way to work.

19. Hvnbnd

Hvnbnd Active Member

Lotsa work........ good thing/bad thing!
    Bike on the ground........ real bad thing!!!!
    Hope the ankle heals real soon!!!!

Just say when on the ride
    Mike

20. zamboya

zamboya New Member

i'm in sedona (arizona), have a fairly sizeable garage and driveway (ie - parking space). i can't promise much in the way of accomodation, but camping this time of year is mild, comfortable, and fun.

i would absolutely be up to hosting a gathering for a carb clinic at my place if there are: a) an individual(s) who knows what they're doing and b) a willingness to either crash in my back yard, in the living room or elsewhere.