1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Stock Horn

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by waldreps, May 23, 2014.

1. waldreps

waldreps Active Member

Can someone please post a pic of how the stock horn on an 82 XJ650 bolts to the frame? When I bought the bike there was just a junk horn halfway bolted on. I picked up a stock one with the mounting bracket for a few bucks and want to see how it mounts. Thanks.

2. midnightmoose

midnightmoose Member

Not sure if the 650 is the same as the 750 maxim, but I thought they all used two horns from the factory, a high tone and a low tone.
    The horns on my 750 mount under the tank on each side of the bike, directly behind the front downtubes, under the coils. Your 650 may mount differently tho.

3. rocs82650

rocs82650 Well-Known Member

the single horn mounts under the tank behind the fork emblem. the horn bracket bolt holes should align with the holes in the frame. two 12mm head bolts/lock washers go through the frame into the horn bracket. two horn wires should hang off the harness nearby. the screw at the bottom is to adjust the sound. I don't have a pic.

Gary

4. waldreps

waldreps Active Member

Thanks for the replies.