1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Surprise day off work...

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by BallAquatics, Apr 13, 2023.

1. BallAquatics

BallAquatics Active Member

Had a surprise day off at work and it was just perfect for a day trip on the ol 550. Hardly a cloud in the sky and temps of 78 °F. Went on a search for covered bridges around me. Covered a bit over 100 miles and visited 3 of the many bridges I found with google maps. I had no idea there were so many within about a 50 mile radius.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All of these bridges are located out in the boondocks, so I got some time in on twisty back roads with little to no traffic. The bike is running great... a near perfect day!

Rooster53 and Simmy like this.
  2. Franz

Franz Well-Known Member

Great pictures. I like your bike.

3. BallAquatics

BallAquatics Active Member

Thanks Franz. I've got a lot of history with that bike. I didn't buy it new, but I traded a car I used to drag race to the guy that did. The bike was about 6 months old and had less than 1000 miles on it when we traded.

It will be 50 years old next year and it rides like an old bike. I call it my hooligan bike, over the years it's done just about everything. Believe it or not, in the early '80's I used to drag race it! Honda was working on the 500 Turbo and the factory rep said they used 500 & 550 fours for some of their experimentation. With help from Honda, the bike was modified to red line at 12000 rpm, and would do high 11 second passes at the drag strip.

It used to drive the guys on the modified 900 Kaws crazy, but it was a real crowd-pleaser when it came off the line turning 10 grand. Lol

4. Franz

Franz Well-Known Member

Just shows how strong those engines are when you were racing. I had the 750 four. I saw an advert for it and it seemed too cheap because l thought it was the 750 that looked the same as the CB900f. I didn't realise until l saw the bike it was the SOHC one like your machine. Great bike that was l should have kept that one.