this is a long overdue post from me of a long term project I am working on. this will be a very pic heavy thread with some pictures not that interesting, but it will serve as a great resource for anyone who wants more info on the hard luggage options. I know when I was looking around I found the available images/information limiting. I got these bags from Beekman, thanks Beekman! and I happened to have an acquaintance (friend of a friend) who was somewhat close to his location in Canada and just so happened to be coming back to the states that weekend. So I was able to get some free international shipping. I already had a trunk and mount from last year, in red. but it was ruff. some scuffs and a small crack. the chrome rack was in great shape though. the bags from Beekman are defiantly rough, but I knew that going in and didnt worry. a few cracks and paint is faded/rattle can. missing the internal straps, 1 bag has the plastic liner. but the locks work and he had the key and the important bits were there. from what I had read there are 2 version of the mounting brackets, straight are and curved. in regards to the lower arm. I also thought 650 and 750 were the same. beekman had them for his 650 and mentioned that only 2 mount points lined up. on my 750 I had a hard time lining up 2 points. there were 2 bolts that could have worked but it tucked the bag too tight that the bag wouldn't mount as it hit the tire. also the factory holes in the bracket were smaller than the factory bolts at that location. so what's up with that? what bike were these brackets intended to fit on? so that meant I needed to add another step to this build. modifying the brackets. I went into it with the intention of modifying them as little as possible. thinking that I would just weld extensions at each mount point. leaving the basic shape stock, meaning with just a little grinding they could go back to stock. but in order to get the bag where I wanted it on the bike, position wise front to back, more concessions had to be made and I had to make some bends. about 6 bends per side were required to clear the shock. there was no way that I could see that these would have worked as is. so they must have been for some other model. in doing this you might notice my shame. the lower mount, sharing the passenger peg bolt, should have been bent more with the extension then added. to make that a nicer line. the vertical piece was added early on when trying to mod as little as possible and I decided not to cut it off. we will see how it all plays out. here are some pictures of my mock up and bracket modifications. they are in what I call a done state and are at the powder coater now. I think they will look nice once painted. as well as other parts from the bag mount system. these might not be in the greatest order but you can see the process that I went through to fit them plus what position I settled on. something of note is the turn signals. I thought there was a special bracket needed that I didnt have. turns out the stock brackets are used if you flip them over and rotate the signal. but there is a nub that prevents the turn signal nut from sitting flush. I used a washer and added a hole for the numb and allows the nut to tighten flush that will do for now. I have more to post, started the resto on the bags now. and have totally dissembled the luggage and I am going to do as complete a job as possible. not all the pics are great most are just for reference for reassembly. but someone else might find them useful.