1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Vancouver Motorcycle Show

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by a340driver, Jan 24, 2010.

1. a340driver

a340driver Member

Just came from the Vancouver Bike Show .. Some really nice rides, but the $98,000 price tag on the Ducatti bike was a little out of my league. Some great ideas for customizing on choppers. And I learned something new! .. For gals and not so muscular guys, how to lift a heavy bike, effortlessly.
    First ensure ignition is off, bike is in gear, extend kickstand (if that side is up), then squat down low with your butt against the seat. Extend your legs slightly ... now with your butt/lower back pushing against the seat, push with your legs and take tiny inward steps as the bike rises up! You only need your arms holding the frame/seat for your own balance.
    If you were not able to extend the kick stand, watch you don't over push the bike up and fall on the opposite side.
    I watched young slight girls "push" up police harleys effortlessly!!

2. spltshft

spltshft Member

Really you enjoyed the show I thought it was a bit of a waste. I think it was great if you had never riden a bike before and wanted to hear about a school but other then that.