1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

vjmc

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by cruiserlover, May 15, 2018.

1. cruiserlover

cruiserlover Active Member

I belong to vjmc.I went to the rally in indiana once.My daughter lives in south bend.Beautiful place for a rally.I wouldnt try riding my maxim 650 1200 miles, but might trailer it there.There is almost no vjmc activity in the entire dfw metroplex.7 million people,thousands of square miles.nada vjmc.

2. Chitwood

Chitwood Well-Known Member

3 of my good friends rode their "vintage" Japanese motorcycles over 1300 miles from the Wisconsin/Iowa border to S. Carolina and back. All three hardtailed none the less. Their stories from that trip=priceless. The Gf's stock-ish 81 650 maxim I could and would ride from Wisconsin to California or Florida hands down no problem, my strutted 82 650 Maxim on the other hand, would take a pretty good reason to go that far on but I'd still be up for the challenge

3. cruiserlover

cruiserlover Active Member

hardtail-no way.power and comfort of maxim stock,sure. it is just too fatiguing.I wondered how comfortable on a light bike a maxim would be.But guys on pos sportys have done it.