1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Wanted, Large saddle bags

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by thefox, Jan 11, 2006.

1. thefox

thefox Member

I am looking for some saddle bags for my Seca. I will be going on a 4 week trip this summer so the bigger the better! I have found a couple of pair that I like but I figured I would check to see if anyone had an old pair they don't use before I spend $120 on a new pair.

2. chevy45412001

chevy45412001 Member

might want to check ebay. I got a desent set for 6.95 (plus 26 for shipping..... ya what i said) but they are very nice and would easily go 120 anywhere else .

3. thefox

thefox Member

I have been trying ebay but it seems like I can't find the right search words. I end up getting 3 items that I don't want or have to search through 20 pages of bags that are all the same and I don't like. Of course that may be because I don't want leather bags.

4. chevy45412001

chevy45412001 Member

what type are you looking for if not leather? searches i tried hard bags, saddle bags,touring motorcycle luggage, t-bags sometimes you have to look through some ole ladys suitcases cr@p but it goes with the territory. i also tried motorcycle trunk came up with some things.

5. thefox

thefox Member

I was thinking of a heavy nylon like these, http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_c ... 710&mmyId= . I kind of figured they would be better in all weather. I will be taking a 4 week trip across the US from Boston to Seattle this June so I will probably see most weather conditions. Not to mention traditional leather bags might look king of funny on a seca.

6. SnoSheriff

SnoSheriff Site Owner Staff Member Administrator

Try searching Ebay for ‘Nelson saddlebags’ or ‘nylon saddlebags’ as keywords. Put a checkmark in the “search title and description” :wink: