1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

What did you do to your Yamaha today?

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Cutlass84, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Ryengoth

Ryengoth Active Member

Berrymans dip in a heated U/S tank works the best so far for me.

Chitwood likes this.
  2. Tim O

Tim O Active Member

Here we are... Just taxes on pay, not property or sales...
    upload_2019-5-17_16-14-0.png

3. Ryengoth

Ryengoth Active Member

That's just the income tax bracket. That does not include SS, medical ins deductions and penalties for under/overpayment at the end of the year.

chacal likes this.
  4. chacal

chacal Moderator Moderator Supporting Vendor Premium Member

Ryen hits the nail on the taxation head.........basically, once you get to the so-called "middle class" level of income, it's about 50%. Ridiculous. And the dirty truth is that income tax is not only illegal according to the so-called Constitution (that's a whole 'nother can of worms.....), it's not necessary----the banks and government can (and do) create all the money needed to do all sorts of things (paving roads, etc. seems to be low on their list of priorities, though.....just sayin'), so there's no need to extract wealth from its own citizens.......that's just an excuse to make people not question things.

Federal income tax started at the same time as the creation of the modern central bank (the "Fed", which is not "Federal" as its name suggests, it's a private company, no different than Walmart or Grub-hub, etc.) and the IRS is also a private company which serves as the confiscation arm of the Fed. The USA operated just fine w/o income tax for most of its existence (until 1913, when the Fed was created); the only other time in its history that income taxes were declared was during the civil war (also called the war of northern aggression).

It also made due without a central bank for most of its existence, because every time a PRIVATE central bank was created, it ended in various forms of catastrophe. A PUBLIC equivalent of a central bank already exists, and has existed from the beginning, it's called the US TREASURY, who can control things (or mess them up) just as easily as a private bank can, the only difference being that a public bank is subject to at least supposed nominal control by the voters (private banks aren't.......you don't get to vote on who leads them, etc.). A private bank exists not for the common good, but for the good (profit) of their owners, that is their one and only responsibility. Or as the grand and glorious father of central banking supposedly once declared:

"I CARE NOT WHAT PUPPET IS PLACED UPON THE THRONE OF ENGLAND TO RULE THE EMPIRE ON WHICH THE SUN NEVER SETS. THE MAN WHO CONTROLS BRITAIN'S MONEY SUPPLY CONTROLS THE BRITISH EMPIRE, AND I CONTROL THE BRITISH MONEY SUPPLY"
    - Nathan Mayer Rothschild, 1815

Perhaps he wasn't kidding.........

Ryengoth and XJ550H like this.
  5. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

our roads suck year round

Jetfixer likes this.
  6. Jetfixer

Jetfixer Well-Known Member

Nobody likes paying taxes ,but many things are provided for by taxes , roads, federal and state parks, military, EPA,OSHA, FAA,TSA,ICE. and many others that are they all needed, maybe , maybe not so much lol

7. Tim O

Tim O Active Member

Well, you get something back for SS and medical...
    Agreed, with state, property, sales, gas, etc. it's more like 45-50%

Quick funny story... Difference between liberal and a more balanced state. I lived in Massachusetts my whole life and if you filed your taxes late, no matter who owed who, you were penalized, interest accrued, etc.
    I moved to Virginia 8 years ago and I could have sworn I mailed my taxes last year but did not. When I figured it out six months later, and they owed me like $400, I called up the State office in a panic. In Massachusetts, my refund would have been gone and I would owe THEM money.

Here, the woman on the phone said "well how much do you owe?". When I explained I was actually getting a refund she said "Oh!, well just send it in... or don't... if we owe you money we don't really care if you are late."

I was floored... Never experienced common sense from a government entity before.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  8. chacal

chacal Moderator Moderator Supporting Vendor Premium Member

Deficit spending, which the USA (and almost all countries) have in abundance, can also be used to pay for all of those things. As can loans (borrowing from others), which again, is in abundance and moving forward at breakneck speeds. Given all that, then why are taxes on income (again, prior to the era of PRIVATE central banks, there were none except for 3 years during the civil war) necessary?

9. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr Not a guru

^^so that's what we did to our Yamahas today! We paid various taxes on them!

chacal likes this.
  10. Lodewijk

Lodewijk Member

Nice weather here today (in the country at the number 1 spot in bar diagram above). So, while I can't ride my bike, I can at least work on it outside. Something that was really rustling my jimmies were the boogerwelds on the sidepanel replacement the PO did (and they were in the way for installing the airbox again), so I tackled that. My shipment from Revival Cycles arrived (new starter solenoid en inverter rectifier), so I'll see if I can mock-up the electrical system on my bench.

11. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

Frugality says replace it.
    There's nothing worse than riding on the highway and finding that your pissing gasoline all over.

12. k-moe

No riding this weekend.
    The weather is being a little uncooperative.

Jetfixer likes this.
  13. Ryengoth

Ryengoth Active Member

I will before I title it. It is fine for now.

14. k-moe

Motorcycles guys,

Motorcycles.

Lay off of the politics. I hate spending my weekends deleting posts.

15. XJ550H

16. 650MAX

650MAX Member

Today I got rid of those terrible air horns! When I finally tried them, they barely made a squeek and took a second for them to even do that much. I ordered this set of Hellas off ebay based on reviews. Did not disappoint! They sound right to my ear and respectably loud. Also being small and black they don't stand out visually and I like that too.

Did have a bit of a panic after I realized that I had torn out the old system with no reference pics or anything and found myself lost after about 15 feet of useless wire had been disconnected, unwound from various places on the frame and discarded. Fortunately with a bit of patience I was able to sort it out.

Looks better without the red plastic obstructing the view of the engine and sounds MUCH better!

IMG_1101[1].JPG

Next on the agenda is some more electrical. Seems I have no oil light and the neutral light is always on. Hopefully not a big deal there. If anyone has any tips on what might be good to check out first I'd love to hear.

MattiThundrrr likes this.
  17. XJ550H

neutral light runs off of the neutral switch. when bike is in neutral, the switch grounds the circuit. you can test switch and inspect the wire running up to harness it may be pinched and grounding
    or your switch is bad and always grounging

650MAX likes this.
  18. k-moe

Good choice. Hella makes excellent (and effective) horns.

Someone might have also bypassed the ignition safety by purposely grounding the neutral switch wire. It's the only sky-blue wire on the machine.

A dose of Seafoam in the oil usually frees stuck switches (but the neutral switches can occasionally fail internally).

650MAX likes this.
  19. k-moe

That documentry follows events that occured not too far from my place.

20. dkavanagh

dkavanagh Well-Known Member Premium Member

I took the MSF Advanced Rider Course today. I had the oldest bike and the only 4 cylinder!
    Screen Shot 2019-05-18 at 8.03.22 PM.jpg

Timbox, Jetfixer, kosel and 4 others like this.