1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

What do you think of this deal...

Discussion in 'Other Motorcycles' started by Tim O, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Tim O

Tim O Active Member

upload_2017-7-20_11-28-38.png

2. Dadoseven

Dadoseven Active Member

Pretty good!
    I like this one better;
    IMG_2703.PNG

I don't think the CTX went over as well as they hoped. They also have a new 2015 CTX with ABS for $5500

3. Tim O

Tim O Active Member

Yeah... I don't think I like the feet forward design but for that price I was going to take a ride and consider it....

Dadoseven likes this.
  4. Dadoseven

Dadoseven Active Member

I never rode one, but I thought the price was right for a new bike and I liked the looks; but like you, not a fan of the forward feet, cruiser style. I also liked the touring version CTX700 DCT.
    Let us know what you think after riding it.

5. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

Honda is practically giving those away because even in spite of all the magazines caving in & giving Honda stellar marks for the model(2), they are some of thee MOST boring bikes on the road. They simply have zero personality. The run perfectly but I would not own one but that's just me.

jeff

6. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr Not a guru

One drawback to the Honda is the 6500rpm redline. Get ready to shift, unless you go with the automatic option, then you can get ready to forget that you're on a bike... Apparently sixth gear is a bit silly too.
    I dunno if it's as good a deal, but stop by a Kawasaki dealership and look at the Vulcan 650 twin. Same concept, different feel.
    I don't know anything about personality of bikes, I have a Rebel which is practical, efficient,and reliable, which is what they say about the CTX. It seems like a good bike to me, and I enjoy it in spite of myself. I would like to try the CTX and compare it to the new 500 Rebel. Demo day please!

7. Wintersdark

Wintersdark Well-Known Member

I always wonder what "personality" means in this context? I always figured it's a way to write off unpleasant quirks on a bike as perks. Seems very nebulous.

This is a pretty damn good price, but like others above, the forward controls... ugh. I don't mind a set of highway pegs for stretching out your legs while cruising, but forward controls like that? Can't get up on the pegs easily, and it's much harder to get your whole body into cornering. I suppose a lot there depends on how you ride, though.

Too bad you can only get ABS with the DCT model.

With all that said, it's a damn good price and a pretty sexy looking bike IMHO.