1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

what is on the handlebars in the middle? i have a blank spot

Discussion in 'Reviews - Service, Online, Retail Shop' started by sacto750seca, Sep 22, 2012.

1. sacto750seca

sacto750seca New Member

81 seca 750 hey... first day on. cool topics! just bought this bike. love it. its missing something, like an emblem? i see a blank spot thats a rectangle about 1x3 inches. anyone able to send a pic or tell me what goes there?

I cant find anything online.

also keen me in to where i can buy whatever goes there.

thanks! :?:

2. maverickbr77

maverickbr77 Member

Little emblem that says seca (I think, may say yamaha or 750 though). I may have a spare one laying around in NY when I go back next time I will look if you haven't found one yet.

3. Rod1

Rod1 Member

I got the same spot in my right hand control, only thing it has a black plastic cover, it could be to install an extra lights, lets say or simply free space for any switch you want I guess

4. Rickinduncan

Rickinduncan Member

The blank spot in the lower middle of that plastic cap is supposed to be for a 'YAMAHA' insignia. Looking at mine, it appears to be popped on and off.

On the right hand control, I also have that rectangle. I would also guess that it's for an after market switch.

5. rocs82650

rocs82650 Well-Known Member

Re: what is on the handlebars in the middle? i have a blank

I saw this in another thread. I believe the euro models allow the headlight to be turned on and off via a switch at the right control location.

Gary

6. Daniel33

Daniel33 New Member

a bit late for reply but...
    this part?

[​IMG]
    31A-26216-00

7. hogfiddles

hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

sacto750seca, I believe the other guys are getting misled by your description. The rectangle that they talk about is a blank-out plate where some models allow for an extra switch to be installed, and is common on the VMax where it is a switch for the auxiliary fuel (reserve).

The pic that Daniel33 shows looks like the one for the middle of triple cover, between the clip-on handlebars on a 900rk, or the 750rl. Those are 83 and 84, then the 900 was available outside of the USA for a number more years and then turned into the Diversion.

I DON'T know what the spot is that you're talking about, but the measurements you gave rule out these parts, simply because your describing a much larger hole. The year you gave is 81, so that rules out the afore-mentioned parts, as well.

could you give us a pic of just what spot you ARE trying to describe? Then we can tell you exactly what should be there.

I don't have an 81 750 Seca, so I can't go just by your description, sorry I can't help more yet........

Dave F

8. mwhite74

mwhite74 Member

I'm bored, he must be talking about this (which is missing on mine too :^(

WHAT GOES HERE!?!?!?!
    [​IMG]

Must... scour... ebay...

Ah-ha!!! found a pic from Poland of all places:
    [​IMG]

Marcel

9. hogfiddles