1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

which tire pressure do we use?

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by mirco, Feb 17, 2011.

1. mirco

mirco Member

So Fitz scolded me to check my tire pressure, which as a member in good standing here I dutifully obliged. But then I got to wondering which air pressure do we go by? The one on the tire or the one in the book? My tires both say 41 PSI. The Haynes manual says Front/26 and Rear/28 if I'm by myself and 28 and 33 if momma comes along (actually I guess I should use the higher pressure even by myself since I put the touring package on since I weigh in at 178lbs). So which are you guys using?

Oh yeah, this is for a 750 Seca.

2. Polock

Polock Well-Known Member

i do 30/32

3. ManBot13

ManBot13 Well-Known Member

I've got a 750 seca too and weigh close to 200lbs. I'd go with 28psi front, 33 psi rear

4. MiCarl

MiCarl Active Member

That number on the sidewall is the MAXIMUM pressure. Generally you want to go with what the manual says.

With some premium tires (Metzeler, Avon, Pirelli) the inflation pressure should be higher. In those cases the tire manufacturer will generally have a specific recommendation on their web site.