1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

WIKI – ‘How To’ / FAQ

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by SnoSheriff, Jan 26, 2006.

1. gcrick

gcrick Member

Yo! One volunteer here. lemme anything I can do to help repay all the assistance this forum has given me.

hate to suggest anything that may take more of our heroic moderators' time, but maybe it would be useful, as Turbobike suggested above, to collect in one place the good How To's from various threads.

2. Chorca

Chorca Member

Lol. For the past few weeks or so, while searching through posts and posts for walkthroughs on stuff, I kept thinking "Man, we could really use a Wiki on this."

Looks like it's been suggested.. It really wouldn't be that hard to set up, and I'm sure more than a few of us would be up for contributing.

A lot of it is just taking forum posts and moving them over into the Wiki under relevant titles, and editing in some photos and such. I'd definately be up for helping out in that kind of thing.

Even if someone didn't want to convert posts over, a simple, tree-style index of links to forum posts and such would be very helpful. Common info, problems, etc would be addressed easily in text.

As far as review, most Wikis have "talk" pages where the article can be discussed and such, so we can figure out the best way to do it.

If nothing else, perhaps a trial run with one just to see how things pan out?