1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Wiring issue, help please

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Paulvf1000, May 30, 2020.

1. Paulvf1000

Paulvf1000 New Member

Hi guys newbie here, I live in England and bought a us import 82 xj 650 maxim in a crate, lol, have a fair bit technical knowledge and engine is rebuilt, now in frame, but very IMG_20200530_173220.jpg little electrical knowledge now wiring the old girl up, have spark, but i have one 9 pin blk male connector with seven wires that appears to go to nothing, the colours are 1x blue white, 1x yellow, 2x white,1x ligbt blue, 2x blk and red this block is in the headlight cluster, the bike as a 5n8 engine i know american laws about lighting and stuff is very different to us and i cannot see the wiring on any wiring diagram engine turns and sparks so all the major stuff works just not sure what this connector is, any help would be most appreciated will add pic

2. cds1984

cds1984 Active Member

Looks like the police meter plug on my dash but... can you pop a picture in of your dash?

3. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
  4. Paulvf1000

Paulvf1000 New Member

Thanks for your reply, i have ordered the diode block from len on the firum plus some other small missing parts so all problems now solved, thanks for reply