1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

XJ 650 Mufflers

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by NateP, Aug 7, 2020.

1. NateP

NateP New Member

Alright guys, I need a good final answer on what to do. I've looked through the forums and can't find a clear answer in terms of mufflers. My old ones are completely rusted out and waaaay past repair.

I guess I need to know exactly what I should replace them with. I bought some shorty universal mufflers and took them in to a local shop to be put on. After they took the old stuff off, they ran into an issue of the left one keeping the kickstand too far down (like 3in off the ground), among some other issues. And in the end, they could potentially fit those ones I have, but as I understood before, the bike would probably run like crap anyways. And a good looking fabrication would cost a fortune... I don't want a bike that both looks and runs like garbage!

So what mufflers should I get? I go back to college next week and need a quick solution to this. So I thought I'd come to you guys since you've really been helpful before.

Thanks!!

2. XJ550H

XJ550H Well-Known Member Premium Member